Kaituna River features grade 5 rapids plus the awesome 7 meter (23 feet) Tutea Falls, the worlds highest commercially rafted waterfall. Take the ultimate thrill ride on this Kaituna River white water rafting tour.
What You'll Get
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: River Rats Raft & Kayak, 837 Te Ngae Rd, Rotorua 3074 New Zealand
The trip runs through a stunning bush clad gorge and features 14 rapids, including the worlds highest commercially rafted waterfall.
Your day will begin with a pickup from your hotel. From here you will be taken to the airport base where you will obtain your equipment and participate in a safety briefing as well as quick training. After this you'll proceed to Kaituna River.
Duration: 3 hours
Stop At: Kaituna River, Bay Of Plenty, New Zealand
You can't get more thrills and action than on a grade 5 rapid. Fast and furious, you'll ride through foamy water over the seven meter drop waterfall!
Most of the trip runs through a very narrow gorge with sheer rock walls clad in ferns and other native plants providing a truly stunning backdrop to this exciting tour.
Although this trip provides full on action the pool drop nature of the river means it is not technically difficult so the trip is suitable for adventurous beginners. In fact around 70% of customers have never rafted before.
Around 15 - 20 minutes of training is provided prior to the trip teaching all the required paddle commands and safety information.
Situated in the Okere Falls Scenic Reserve the river is pool drop, meaning that every rapid is followed by calm water making it very forgiving for a grade 5 river.
You'll be provided with:
• Safety Helmets
• Polar Fleece Tops (weather dependent)
• Spray jackets (weather dependent)
• Wetsuit Booties
Duration: 50 minutes
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Minimum age is 13 years
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- There is a recommended minimum weight of 40 kilograms (88 pounds) for this tour
- Please bring swimwear, a towel and a sense of adventure!
- Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there is not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 50 travelers
- Professional guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- All necessary equipment
- Food and drinks
Returns to original departure point
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the River Rats Raft Kayak in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.
The Fine Print
7-day cancellation rights do not apply; no refunds or exchanges permitted. Voucher valid only for date and time listed; may not be exchanged or redeemed for other dates. Purchaser name and phone number must be provided at checkout; this information will be shared with Viator and the tour operator for purposes of order fulfillment. Groupon promo codes may not be used for this offer. Groupon voucher Terms of Sale do not apply. See the tour operators terms and conditions for this offer here. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised Goods and services.