Experience the thrill of white water rafting on the Rangitaiki River. Rapids are mostly grade 3 with one grade 4 rapid. The trip consists of fun bouncy rapids running through a beautiful river valley featuring stunning views of native and plantation forest.
What You'll Get
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Murupara, Murupara, Bay of Plenty Region, North Island
The rapids require good team work from you but 15 - 20 minutes of training is given before the trip teaching all the required paddle and safety commands and practice is undertaken on flat water before launching into the rapids.
The trip is suitable for anyone who is physically active. There is around 15 minutes of flat water at about the mid point on the trip allowing time to relax, enjoy the scenery, chat with your guide and fellow rafters and even have a swim if you wish.
You will spend around 1hr 45 minutes on the water, all up you need to allow 3 1/ 2 to 4 hours or around 5 1/2 - 6 hours including Rotorua Transfers.
You'll be provided with:
• Safety Helmets
• Polar Fleece Tops (weather dependent)
• Spray jackets (weather dependent)
• Wetsuit Booties
• Food and Drink
• Hot Shower
Duration: 4 hours
Pass By: Mt. Tarawera, Tr, Rotorua New Zealand
If we pick you up in Rotorua we pass Mt Tarawera on the way out and will talk about the history of the Tarawera Eruption in 1886
Pass By: Kaingaroa Forest, New Zealand
If we pick you up in Rotorua we will travel out through the Kaingaroa Forest.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Minimum age is 10 years
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Please bring swim wear and a towel
- Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there is not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 50 travelers
- Professional guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- All necessary equipment
- Food and drinks, unless specified
Murupara Motor Camp, 963 Old State Highway 38, Murupara 3079, New Zealand
Traveler pickup is offered
Complimentary transfers from our head office at Rotorua Airport at 10.00am, central Rotorua commercial accommodation at around 10.30am or meet at the Murupara Motorcamp at 11.30am.
- Rotorua Airport, Rotorua New Zealand
Returns to original departure point
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the River Rats Raft Kayak in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.
The Fine Print
7-day cancellation rights do not apply; no refunds or exchanges permitted. Voucher valid only for date and time listed; may not be exchanged or redeemed for other dates. Purchaser name and phone number must be provided at checkout; this information will be shared with Viator and the tour operator for purposes of order fulfillment. Groupon promo codes may not be used for this offer. Groupon voucher Terms of Sale do not apply. See the tour operators terms and conditions for this offer here. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised Goods and services.