Explore the native forests of the Bay of Islands in a luxury, late model Jeep Wrangler with a maximum of 4 passengers in your own group. On your private 4-hour guided tour you will visit two of Northland’s subtropical kauri forests and see historic locations, panoramic scenery and rural farming areas away from the crowds. You can also extend your tour with 1-hour option of a winery lunch. Your tour is adaptable with no fixed schedule, allowing you to stop for photos, ask questions, take your time or relax and talk with your local driver.
What You'll Get
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Haruru Falls, Waitangi River, Paihia New Zealand
Stop and view the horseshoe shaped waterfalls falls (and the chickens) where the Waitangi River meets the tidal estuary. One of the most photographed locations in the inland Bay of Islands.
Duration: 15 minutes
Stop At: Kauri Walk, Puketi Forest, 1756 Waiare Rd, Okaihau 0295, New Zealand
Walk among the ancient kauri trees along an elevated timber walkway. Discover the sub-tropical rain-forests of Northland and the size of these magnificent trees. An easy path that is also stroller and wheelchair friendly.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Marsden Estate Limited, 56 Wiroa Rd, Kerikeri 0293, New Zealand
Wine tasting and lunch at this award-winning Northland winery. With a wide range of wine to choose from you are sure to find something to enjoy with lunch. (Winery lunch option only)
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Opua Kauri Walk, Oromahoe Road,, Opua New Zealand
Walk into the Opua forest to a stand of Kauri and view the largest from an elevated platform that allows you to see into the crown of the tree. This trail is well formed but also has a few steeper and uneven portions (not recommended for those unsteady on their feet).
Duration: 20 minutes
Stop At: Paihia Harbour, Paihia New Zealand
Pass the shores of Paihia Harbour and the inner Bay of Islands on your way to the end of your tour.
Duration: 15 minutes
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- A maximum of 4 people per booking (if there are 4 in your group then 3 will be friendly across the back seat)
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- Vehicles can transport a collapsible wheelchair, however the driver is unable to assist passengers boarding and disembarking
- Access to some attractions may be limited for those with walking disabilities due to uneven surfaces
- The Opua forest walk is not wheelchair accessible
- A moderate amount of walking is involved to reach all attractions
- Winery Lunch option has vegetarian and gluten free choices
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Private tour- only your group in the Jeep
- Local driver/guide
- Port pickup and drop-off (if applicable)
- Hotel pickup and drop-off (selected hotels only)
- Meal in Winery Lunch option
- Bottled water
- Entry/Admission - Marsden Estate Limited
- Alcoholic drinks (available to purchase during lunch option)
- Food and drinks, unless specified
1: The Bay of Islands i-SITE Visitor Information Centre, The Wharf, 69 Marsden Rd, Paihia 0200, New Zealand
2: Bay of Islands Yacht Club, Waitangi 0293, New Zealand
3: Paihia Wharf, Bay Of Islands, Northland 0200, New Zealand
4: Cass Street, Cass St, Russell 0202, New Zealand
Traveler pickup is offered
We can pick up from all central Bay of Islands accommodation providers in Paihia, Opua and Russell.
If you are arriving off a cruise ship in the Bay of Islands, you will be picked up from the tender jetty. Please ignore the start time and get the earliest tender you can to give you the most flexibility to your day. Your guide will be holding a sign saying "Jeep Tours" and will be located on land before the buildings.
Bay of Islands
4 to 5 hours
Returns to original departure point
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the Rogue Pony Tours in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.
The Fine Print
7-day cancellation rights do not apply; no refunds or exchanges permitted. Voucher valid only for date and time listed; may not be exchanged or redeemed for other dates. Purchaser name and phone number must be provided at checkout; this information will be shared with Viator and the tour operator for purposes of order fulfillment. Groupon promo codes may not be used for this offer. Groupon voucher Terms of Sale do not apply. See the tour operators terms and conditions for this offer here. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised Goods and services.