Our electric yacht is 100% sustainable, emissions and noise free making it Lake Taupo’s best sailing experience.
We have been sailing to the iconic Maori Rock Carvings since 1982!
This all-year-round activity offers relaxation, fun and adventure on the water, the Kiwi way. Get right up close to this culturally significant 46 foot (14m) high rock art.
Excellent, amusing and current commentary on lake, the volcanics and the carvings. Free refreshments including tea, coffee, hot chocolate and mulled wine (winter only). We are licenced but you are welcome or bring your own.
Swimming is encouraged.
Sail Barbary is the only boat in Taupo rated 'Qualmark Gold' by Tourism NZ under the 'sustainable business' category.
What You'll Get
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Maori Rock Carvings, Lake Taupo, Taupo New Zealand
Explore Lake Taupō on an eco-friendly scenic cruise on New Zealand's only electric yacht. Enjoy stunning vistas as you set sail to explore the Māori Rock Carvings at Mine Bay, Te Moaenga Bay, Whakamoenga Bay and Acacia Bay. Stopping to listen to Maori myths and legends with refreshments included. Book with Sail Barbary today and enjoy one of New Zealand’s must-do experiences.
Duration: 2 hours 30 minutes
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- What to Bring: Dress casual, comfortable and warm (layered clothes work best), windproof/showerproof jacket, swimwear and towel (during summer), sunglasses, hat and don’t forget your camera!
- Please note: You are welcome to bring your own prepared food and beverages
- Minimum drinking age is 18 years
- Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative boat, date or full refund.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 20 travelers
- Local guide providing commentary on the Lake, the carvings and the volcanics.
- GST (Goods and Services Tax) included
- All cruises include a complimentary beverage and a Sail Barbary postcard
- Evening cruises include a glass of wine/beer/soft drink & pizza selection (Nov-Mar only)
- Swimming is encouraged
- Private transportation
- Entry/Admission - Maori Rock Carvings
- Additional food and drinks
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
2 hours 30 minutes
Returns to original departure point
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the Sail Barbary in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.
The Fine Print
7-day cancellation rights do not apply; no refunds or exchanges permitted. Voucher valid only for date and time listed; may not be exchanged or redeemed for other dates. Purchaser name and phone number must be provided at checkout; this information will be shared with Viator and the tour operator for purposes of order fulfillment. Groupon promo codes may not be used for this offer. Groupon voucher Terms of Sale do not apply. See the tour operators terms and conditions for this offer here. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised Goods and services.