The pirate-flagged Sail Fearless has got to be the not-so-buried treasure of Great Lake Taupō . With a heart of gold and extensive knowledge of New Zealand and lake Taupo it is no wonder Fearless (David) has won so many awards for his affordable Maori rock carvings cruises.
So come on board Fearless for simply the best sailing experience on Great Lake Taupō. This is the more intimate cruise option to the famous Maori Rock carvings, with sleek lines and a maximum of only 18 passengers.
Guests can relax on beanbags and snuggle under blankets, or give the crew a hand.
What You'll Get
At the Taupo Marina, join a professional crew for a sail on Fearless, a 48-foot (12-meter) ketch with capacity for up to 18 passengers. This 2.5-hour scenic journey on great Lake Taupo delivers you to the Māori Rock Carvings at Mine Bay (or Okuta Bay) while taking in the popular Te Kopua and Acacia bays en route.
The boat sails under a full mast or gently meanders, depending on wind and weather conditions; when waters are truly calm, a motor is used for power. Relax and enjoy the views or join in with rigging and hoisting the mainsail — it's up to you. Either way, you'll experience the romance of a sailing adventure aboard this graceful vessel.
Listen to commentary while you gaze at the Māori Rock Carvings, which are only accessible by water. You’ll get right up close to the rock face and have ample time to take in the intricacy of the large Māori figures.
In the warmer months, bring your swimsuit and a towel, or upgrade your sailing tour with Free music, wine, and pizza for an idyllic summer evening. You are also able to bring your own food and drinks with you, should you wish. Afterwards, return to the marina where you tour concludes.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Subject to favourable weather conditions. If cancelled due to poor weather, you will be given the option of an alternative date or a full refund
- Bring a warm jacket for cool weather or wind
- Bring a towel and swimwear
- Experience the beauty and thrill of a scenic journey out
- to the infamous Maori rock carvings taking in the
- popular Te Kopua and Acacia Bays en route.
- Be sure to bring your camera to capture some of the most breathtaking views
- Fearless sails under full sail or gently meanders,
- when it is truly calm, by motor.
- Each trip includes a swimming stop in summer or winter if your
- brave (weather depended)
- The longest swim stop out of any other company on the lake.
- Light Refreshments can be purchased from the cheapest bar on the
- lake or
- you can also bring your own light refreshments for your convenience.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 2 travelers
- Live commentary on board
- Light refreshments (if option selected)
- Sunset Tours
- Free Pizza Beer and wine on selected trips
- Longest swim stop on all trips ( weather Depending)
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Food and drinks (if option not selected)
150 to 180 minutes
Returns to original departure point
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the Sail Fearless in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.
The Fine Print
7-day cancellation rights do not apply; no refunds or exchanges permitted. Voucher valid only for date and time listed; may not be exchanged or redeemed for other dates. Purchaser name and phone number must be provided at checkout; this information will be shared with Viator and the tour operator for purposes of order fulfillment. Groupon promo codes may not be used for this offer. Groupon voucher Terms of Sale do not apply. See the tour operators terms and conditions for this offer here. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised Goods and services.