When your cruise ship docks in Bay of Islands, get bird’s-eye views of Cape Brett and the Hole in the Rock on this Bay of Islands scenic helicopter tour from Paihia. Take in the stunning scenery of the main group of islands; view the iconic natural landmark, Hole in the Rock; and pass over the historic townships of Russell, Paihia and Waitangi.
What You'll Get
Discover the natural beauty of the Bay of Islands while you're in port. Fly over crystal blue waters, beautiful island beaches and stunning scenery on this exhilarating scenic helicopter tour. You’ll also enjoy a fabulous perspective of the region’s most famous natural formation, the Hole in the Rock, only possible to see by air or water.
Your 20-minute flight will also take you over the historic townships of Russell, Paihia and Waitangi, where the treaty between the British colonialists and local Maori people was signed.
All seats on board the helicopter provide spectacular views, and your pilot will provide commentary and point out the must-see sights.
All flights require a MINIMUM of 2 PASSENGERS to confirm, single passengers may need to be waitlisted pending further bookings
Worry-free Shore Excursion:We will ensure your excursion ends with ample time for you to return to the Bay of Islands port for your ship's departure. In the extremely unlikely event your ship has departed, we will arrange for transportation to the next port-of-call. If your ship is delayed and you are unable to attend this activity, your money will be refunded. See our terms and conditions for full details.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- All flights require a MINIMUM of 2 PASSENGERS to confirm, single passengers may need to be waitlisted pending further bookings
- All passengers MUST provide an email address and a contact number at time of booking
- Minimum 2 passengers required for tour to operate
- Please also request what departure time you prefer - we will endeavour to confirm a time close this as possible
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- Scenic helicopter flight over the Bay of Islands and Hole in the Rock
- Commentary by pilot
- Worry-free Shore Excursion Guarantee
- Port pickup and drop-off
- Food and drinks
Paihia helipad, located only a short shuttle bus journey away (approximately 5 minutes). You'll find additional directions on your voucher.
Varies (Departure times will be allocated on the day prior to your activity. You will be contacted by the local service provider with the exact departure time for your tour). You can request a departure time in the booking and they will endeavour to book as close to this time as possible).
Returns to original departure point
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the Salt Air Limited in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.
The Fine Print
7-day cancellation rights do not apply; no refunds or exchanges permitted. Voucher valid only for date and time listed; may not be exchanged or redeemed for other dates. Purchaser name and phone number must be provided at checkout; this information will be shared with Viator and the tour operator for purposes of order fulfillment. Groupon promo codes may not be used for this offer. Groupon voucher Terms of Sale do not apply. See the tour operators terms and conditions for this offer here. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised Goods and services.