If you have limited time in the area but are keen to experience the brilliance that the Marlborough Sounds has to offer, then this half-day guided sea kayaking tour is the trip for you. The half-day trip is based in the Grove Arm of the Queen Charlotte Sound where you can expect to see a variety of sea and forest birdlife and possible sightings of rays, seals, little blue penguins, dolphins and if you are super lucky – Orca!
What You'll Get
This trip starts with a safety briefing at the base on the Corner of Queen Charlotte Drive and Anakiwa Road which is approximately 15-minutes’ drive from Havelock or 30-minutes’ drive from Picton.
Once you have had your safety briefing, you will head down to Anakiwa Beach to begin you trip. Your trip will take place in the Grove Arm, the itinerary is fairly flexible on this trip as the weather plays a part. Your guide will always do their best to not cover the same bit of coastline twice on your trip.
Your guide will show you some of the beautiful beaches and bays, whilst providing some knowledge of the flora, fauna and history along the way. On returning to base, there is the option of a hot shower before continuing your journey around beautiful New Zealand.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Minimum age is 8 years.
- Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund.
- We understand that travel plans vary due to a variety of reasons. However, we ask you to understand that we may have turned away others for those reserved places, particularly as we are a small company. We will also have incurred expense in processing the enquiry and bookings. Full refund will be given if we (Sea Kayak Adventures) cancel any trip due to safety concerns or weather conditions do not allow the trip to depart. If you cancel more than 48 hours out, we will refund you in full. If you cancel within 12 - 48 hours of trip departure, we will keep the 20% deposit. No shows or if you cancel within 12 hours of trip departure, you will be charged in full.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- Professional guide
- Transportation to/from attractions
Returns to original departure point
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the Sea Kayak Adventures 2013 Ltd in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.
The Fine Print
7-day cancellation rights do not apply; no refunds or exchanges permitted. Voucher valid only for date and time listed; may not be exchanged or redeemed for other dates. Purchaser name and phone number must be provided at checkout; this information will be shared with Viator and the tour operator for purposes of order fulfillment. Groupon promo codes may not be used for this offer. Groupon voucher Terms of Sale do not apply. See the tour operators terms and conditions for this offer here. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised Goods and services.