Bay of Islands Afternoon Cruise & Island Tour. Departing 3.30pm daily, escape the crowds and discover the Bay of Islands Locally owned and operated, with a passion for sharing our beautiful area. Suitable for all ages, families, solo travellers and couples…experience it all! • Two remote island stopovers • Native bush walks and 360 degree views from the island lookout points • Snorkel unfrequented island reefs • Try stand-up paddle boarding • Lookout for unique wildlife throughout the day • Interactive commentary and information • Scenic cruising among 144 subtropical islandsThere’s no better way to spend the day….join us for an Afternoon Cruise and Island Tour
What You'll Get
• Meeting at the Salt Air Office (Next to the Paihia Wharf) at 3.20pm, for our 3.30pm departure. Our crew will greet you and welcome you on board for the day
• Take a seat as we begin cruising the sheltered coastline towards the outer islands
• Keep and eye out for local wildlife as your skipper and crew will point out local hot-spots and provide plenty of history and information about the area.
• Our first stop is Roberton Island (also known as the famous Twin Lagoons) where we disembark and take a 10 minute walk amongst native flora and fauna to the island lookout point - a breathtaking 360 degree view of the Bay of Islands.
• Take some time exploring the tidal lagoons, or take relax on this secluded island before making your way back on board the boat.
• Our tour continues as we cruise among the 144 islands the bay has to offer. Keep an eye out for marine life and unique shore birds that live in the area - sometimes we are lucky enough to spot dolphins and a variety of other wildlife throughout the day!!
• Arriving at our second island stop, we begin our activities....all equipment is available for you to discover the underwater reefs with snorkelling gear provided, and opportunities to give Stand-up Paddleboarding a try.
• Take a walk along one of the island trails, enjoy a swim or relax on the unfrequented beaches in the warmth of the sun....some days, you can even try fresh NZ Kina (seafood) - there are options for everyone.
• After our time on the second island, we begin our cruise back home through the islands following the coastline back into Paihia.
• Whether you are a solo traveller, a couple on a honeymoon, or a family on vacation, your visit to the Bay of Islands isn't complete until you have experienced our Afternoon Cruise & Island Tour
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Suitable for families, couples and solo travellers
- Suitable for all ages
- Please bring a swimsuit & towel
- Minimum numbers apply. (3 people) There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 20 travelers
- Small group tours (20 people maximum)
- Scenic Cruise among 144 Islands
- Two remote island stopovers
- Swim, Snorkel and relax (all equipment provided)
- Wildlife spotting, commentary and information throughout the day
- Stand-up Paddleboarding (all equipment provided)
- A truly personalised, local experience
- Food and drinks
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
180 to 210 minutes
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the Sea Shuttle Bay of Islands in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.
The Fine Print
7-day cancellation rights do not apply; no refunds or exchanges permitted. Voucher valid only for date and time listed; may not be exchanged or redeemed for other dates. Purchaser name and phone number must be provided at checkout; this information will be shared with Viator and the tour operator for purposes of order fulfillment. Groupon promo codes may not be used for this offer. Groupon voucher Terms of Sale do not apply. See the tour operators terms and conditions for this offer here. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised Goods and services.