Swim with wild New Zealand Fur Seals in the shallow waters of the beautiful Kaikoura Peninsula. This is an experience that you do not want to miss! All equipment is provided and no experience is necessary. Recently listed as one of the world's 'Top 10 Best Marine Encounters'. Don't miss out!
What You'll Get
Your experience will begin at the main meeting base at your chosen time, where you will be introduced to your guides and suited up in wetsuits and snorkeling equipment.
You will then be taken on a 10-15-minute bus trip, followed by a 5-15-minute boat trip to one of our favorite seal swimming areas and then spend about one hour in the water. During that time the seals are free to come and go as they please.
It’s very much a wildlife encounter in that we have never feed, or enticed the seals in any way and we do not have any special tricks to make them respond to you in the water. However, due to their natural curiosity you can reasonably expect interactions within 2-3m in the water at different times.
If the seals do not respond, you will get the chance to go again free of charge or be refunded back to the viewing rate of 50% of the swimming rate. We offer a 96% success rate of swimming with the seals on our tours. Hot showers are provided after the tour.
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Check in times can vary slightly so it is essential that you call the day before your tour to verify your check in time and other details. Failure to call the day before to confirm your reservation or failure to report by your scheduled check in time can result in your booking being cancelled
- Please bring a swimsuit, towel and warm clothing. A small gear bag will also be useful
- Please Note: Weather conditions are changeable during this season meaning that tours may be cancelled
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- Half-day tour
- Local guide
- Local taxes
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- The listed price does not include a $2 (NZD) parking fee, payable in the pay and display car park located across the road
2 hours 30 minutes
Returns to original departure point
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the Seal Swim Kaikoura in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.
The Fine Print
7-day cancellation rights do not apply; no refunds or exchanges permitted. Voucher valid only for date and time listed; may not be exchanged or redeemed for other dates. Purchaser name and phone number must be provided at checkout; this information will be shared with Viator and the tour operator for purposes of order fulfillment. Groupon promo codes may not be used for this offer. Groupon voucher Terms of Sale do not apply. See the tour operators terms and conditions for this offer here. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised Goods and services.