Sledge 7 km of grade 2 to 3 white water on custom built sledges! Sturdy, easy to hold on to, very buoyant and highly manoeuvrable, the sledge keeps you slightly above the water. This is an action packed white water adventure for true water lovers. A great way to get up close and personal with the mighty rapids of the Kawarau River!
What You'll Get
Following a safety briefing the group will be fitted with wetsuits, booties, buoyancy aid, helmet, fins and a board. The guides will then demonstrate board positions and techniques before group enters training eddy to practice skills and manoeuvres.
We start our trip in a secret calm eddy after an introduction on the basic sledging techniques. Here you must perform the minimum skills required to experience this trip.
As we head to the main flow, hold on tight and feel the power of the river as adrenaline kicks in. Ride fast flowing rapids, blast through waves, spin on giant whirl pools and try wicked rock jumps.
There is a calm final section that allows you to take in the scenery, and chillax.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- Not wheelchair accessible
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 16 travelers
- All equipment provided
- Snacks - A muesli bar and flavoured drink/water
37 Shotover Street, Queenstown 9300, New Zealand
Traveler pickup is offered
We can pick up from accommodation on Frankton Road or the bus Station at Frankton on arrangement.
4 hours 30 minutes
Returns to original departure point
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the Serious Fun Riverboarding Ltd in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.
The Fine Print
7-day cancellation rights do not apply; no refunds or exchanges permitted. Voucher valid only for date and time listed; may not be exchanged or redeemed for other dates. Purchaser name and phone number must be provided at checkout; this information will be shared with Viator and the tour operator for purposes of order fulfillment. Groupon promo codes may not be used for this offer. Groupon voucher Terms of Sale do not apply. See the tour operators terms and conditions for this offer here. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised Goods and services.