Enjoy a day experiencing local wine and food while getting some excercise on this self guided tour around the Alexandra Basin wine growing region. Your E-Bike will provide you with assistance when you need it and make todays cycling a breeze.
You'll visit two boutique Vineyards in the worlds southernmost wine growing districts with a heritage stretching back to 1864. You'll spend half of your journey cycling beside the mighty Clutha (Mata-Au) river with fabulous photo opportunities and view the remains of some of the areas gold mining history. Then you'll transition onto the famous Otago Central Rail Trail.
To cap the day off you'll share a delicious platter at a local Cafe and Bar. While you flick through the great photos you've taken along the way today, you'll be satisfied with a day spent out in nature partaking in some fine local produce while learning about this historic region.
What You'll Get
Make youre way to our depot for your scheduled meeting time of 9:30am. We'll set you up on your E-Bike's at our historic depot and brief you on all of the fun things you'll do today. We'll provide you with an easy to follow, printed itinerary.
Then you're off into the quaint Clyde township for some morning tea (tea or coffee and a slice) at a delightful local cafe. You'll have a some time to explore the historic township before it's time to depart.
Cycle along the 150th Anniversary track beside the mighty Clutha (Mata-Au) river to your first wine experience at a renowned local vineyard. This vineyard opens at 11:00am. Following your experience you'll contine through to Alexandra for lunch (not included).
In Alexandra, we'll provide some recommendations about great places to eat and other activities you might enjoy.
After lunch, make your way onto the Otago Central Rail Trail for your second experience at a boutique vineyard at 1:30pm. When you've finished, continue cycling back to the start point to return your E-Bikes and finish the day off with a platter at an historic local cafe.
The total distance today is 26km but you'll find it a breeze on your E-Bikes.
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- You must be able to ride a bicycle and be comfortable riding on uneven surfaces with different levels of grip
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 6 travelers
- Coffee and/or Tea - Morning tea (tea or coffee and a slice)
- Vineyard experiences
- E-Bike rental
- Snacks - Afternoon tea (shared platter)
shebikeshebikes Clyde, Historic Clyde Railway Station Domain, Fraser Street, Clyde 9330, New Zealand
6 hours 15 minutes
Returns to original departure point
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the She Bikes He Bikes in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.
The Fine Print
7-day cancellation rights do not apply; no refunds or exchanges permitted. Voucher valid only for date and time listed; may not be exchanged or redeemed for other dates. Purchaser name and phone number must be provided at checkout; this information will be shared with Viator and the tour operator for purposes of order fulfillment. Groupon promo codes may not be used for this offer. Groupon voucher Terms of Sale do not apply. See the tour operators terms and conditions for this offer here. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised Goods and services.