Visit New Zealand’s cultural and geothermal capital - Rotorua - on this 6-hour highlights tour. Learn of life in a Maori tribe at The Living Maori Village including a stirring 30 minute cultural performance. Also included is a guided tour of Whakarewarewa Valley — home to powerful geysers and bubbling mud pools. Also discover top Rotorua attractions such as Government Gardens, Rachel Spring and the scenic lakefront.
What You'll Get
Travel with Tauranga’s most experienced cruise tour operators and discover the fascinating sights (and smells) of Rotorua – New Zealand’s cultural and geothermal hub. This fully guided small group tour takes you to the Whakarewarewa Village in Te Whakarewarewa thermal valley to experience the best value for money destination in town.
What to expect:
• Experience life as a local at Whakarewarewa Village – a real village built amongst an active geothermal valley. An insightful 1 hour tour of the village with one of the residents is included.
• See bubbling mudpools, boiling hotpools and the ever-playful Pohutu Geyser. You'll soon understand why Rotorua is nicknamed 'Sulphur City'!.
• Enjoy an authentic 30 minute cultural show by Te Pakira – one of Rotorua’s leading performace groups. See songs, chants and poi dancing…as well as the famous war dance – the Haka.
• Learn how the Maori people have adapted to life in this unique landscape – using nature to help in everyday life. You’ll be amazed how useful the hot springs can be!
• Enjoy all the famous sights of Rotorua city – including Government Gardens, the Bath House, Rachel Spring and the stunning lakefront.
• Marvel at the lush Bay of Plenty countryside – passing forests, lakes, orchards, beaches and more. We even stop at a kiwifruit orchard so you can see first-hand how these furry icons are grown.
• Visit picturesque Okere Falls - you might even see the white water rafters tumble over the 7m high waterfall!
Our team has been delivering world-class Shore Excursions for over 16 years. It all started with owner Ian - one man and a beloved Rolls Royce car. Today, the number of vehicles and tours has changed, but the philosophy hasn’t – every customer is treated like one of the family, and we will make sure you have an unforgettable day. We have over 100 years combined tour guiding experience so you know you are in capable hands (and if you’re lucky you may even get to travel with Ian – he still loves to get behind the wheel!).
Travel on a modern, air conditioned van with a passionate local as your host. We specialise in small groups to allow an intimate and personalised experience. Every tour is guided and commentated from start to finish - our guides delight in showing off our little corner of the world. And, we guarantee to have you back to the ship on time!
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- This tour requires some walking on well-made paths, gentle inclines and some steps.
- This tour is not suitable for user of mobility scooters or wheelchairs (unless very small collapsible ones) . Folding walkers/frames can usually be accommodated but passengers must be able to enter a minibus using the standard steps. You must advise us at the time of booking if you are bringing any mobility device - failure to do so may result in you not being able to take the tour.
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 18 travelers
- Port pickup and drop-off
- Driver/guide with full commentary
- Entry to Whakarewarewa Living Maori Village
- Visit to a kiwifruit orchard
- Visit to Okere Falls
- Lunch - Delicious hangi lunch at Whakarewarewa
4 Salisbury Ave, Mount Maunganui, Tauranga 3116, New Zealand
Returns to original departure point
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the Shore Trips and Tours in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.
The Fine Print
7-day cancellation rights do not apply; no refunds or exchanges permitted. Voucher valid only for date and time listed; may not be exchanged or redeemed for other dates. Purchaser name and phone number must be provided at checkout; this information will be shared with Viator and the tour operator for purposes of order fulfillment. Groupon promo codes may not be used for this offer. Groupon voucher Terms of Sale do not apply. See the tour operators terms and conditions for this offer here. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised Goods and services.