Take the opportunity to explore the countryside of the Bay of Plenty region on this relaxed 3.5 hour tour. Escape the city and see local horticulture at work at one of the thousands of local kiwifruit orchards. Learn about the pre-European history of the remarkable province, and find out why James Cook named it the Bay of Plenty. Tie this all in with other scenic locations and we will have you back to the ship in plenty of time for your ships departure.
Our team has been delivering world-class Shore Excursions for over 16 years - we have over 100 years combined tour guiding experience so you know you are in capable hands.
Travel in a modern, air conditioned vehicle with a passionate local as your host. We specialise in small groups to allow an intimate and personalised experience. Every tour is commentated from start to finish - we delight in showing off our little corner of the world. And, we guarantee to have you back to the ship on time!
What You'll Get
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Kiwifruit Country, 316 State Highway 33, Paengaroa 3189 New Zealand
Enjoy a tour of a working kiwifruit orchard in the heart of New Zealand's kiwifruit industry. Travel on the unique 'Kiwi Karts' to learn about this amazing fruit and it's contribution to the Bay of Plenty economy. Plus, taste kiwifruit products at the small store on site.
After our orchard visit we venture to the nearby seaside settlement of Maketu. Here you will learn of the early settlement of the area - including pre-European Maori settlement of the Te Arawa tribe. Maketu was the landing site of one of the original waka (canoes) to venture from Polynesia.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Papamoa Beach, Papamoa New Zealand
Leaving Maketu we first travel alongside the Maketu estuary - home to a wide variety of birdlife. We travel back through the town of Te Puke (the kiwifruit capital of the world) to Papamoa Beach. Here you will see the city of Tauranga creeping along the beachfront. We stop so you can admire Maketu peninsula to your right, and Mt Maunganui in the distance away to your left along a sweeping 30 kilometre beach. Learn about the offshore islands and hear about New Zealand's worst maritime disaster.
Duration: 20 minutes
Pass By: Mt Maunganui Main Beach, Marine Parade, Mount Maunganui, Tauranga New Zealand
As we get closer to the ship we will discover the gold beach of Mount Maunganui - lined with million dollar homes. See why this is such a popular holiday destination.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- This tour requires some walking on paths, inclines and steps
- This tour is not suitable for user of mobility scooters or wheelchairs (unless very small collapsible ones) . Folding walkers/frames can usually be accommodated but passengers must be able to enter a minibus using the standard steps. You must advise us at the time of booking if you are bringing any mobility device - failure to do so may result in you not being able to take the tour.
- Most travelers can participate
- This is the second half of our Tauranga Shore Excursion: A Day in the Bay tour. If you'd like a longer, more in-depth local tour please see that listing
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 24 travelers
- Professional and knowledgeable local driver/guide
- Port pick up and drop off
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Kiwi Kart orchard tour at Kiwifruit Country
- Visit to Maketu
- Entry/Admission - Kiwifruit Country
- Any food or drinks
Traveler pickup is offered
Please meet the Shore Trips and Tours representative at the Shore Trips and Tours sign board situated just outside the port gates. Walk through the information marquee and out through the gates - a short walk from your ship.
- Port of Tauranga Ltd, 2 Salisbury Avenue, Mount Maunganui, Tauranga 3116, New Zealand
3 hours 30 minutes
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the Shore Trips and Tours in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.
The Fine Print
7-day cancellation rights do not apply; no refunds or exchanges permitted. Voucher valid only for date and time listed; may not be exchanged or redeemed for other dates. Purchaser name and phone number must be provided at checkout; this information will be shared with Viator and the tour operator for purposes of order fulfillment. Groupon promo codes may not be used for this offer. Groupon voucher Terms of Sale do not apply. See the tour operators terms and conditions for this offer here. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised Goods and services.