Join this small-group shore excursion city tour of Christchurch, also known as the ‘Garden City’. Departing from Akaroa, arrive in Christchurch enjoying the scenery along the way. Have time to explore the attractions of the central city - and see how the city is rebuilding after the 2011 earthquake.
What You'll Get
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Christchurch Botanic Gardens, Rolleston Ave, Christchurch New Zealand
Once known at ‘the most English city outside of England’, Christchurch is now a city on the move…sometimes quite literally! This small group tour will showcase the best highlights of this unique city from the comfort of your modern, air conditioned vehicle. Explore the city centre – where the majority of the Canterbury rebuild is taking place. See new buildings spring up, as well as the fascinating renovations on some of the city’s heritage buildings. You will have approximately 2 hours to enjoy the interesting sights at your leisure.
• Upgrade (all at extra cost) and ride the Christchurch Tram, go for a punt on the river, or take a Botanic Gardens tour.
Photograph the remains of the city’s 2 destroyed cathedrals, and see the temporary cardboard cathedral put up in their place.
Stop At: Banks Peninsula, Christchurch-Akaroa Road, Christchurch 75810 New Zealand
Join our bona-fide local guide for a day exploring Christchurch and Banks Peninsula – and see how New Zealand’s 2nd largest city is rebounding after the devastating earthquakes of 2010/11. This is an intriguing tour you won't want to miss.
Stop At: Christchurch Cathedral, Cathedral Square, Christchurch New Zealand
The Cardboard Cathedral, formally called the Transitional Cathedral, in Christchurch, New Zealand, is the transitional pro-cathedral of the Anglican Diocese of Christchurch, replacing ChristChurch Cathedral, which was significantly damaged in the 2011 Christchurch earthquake
Stop At: Avon River, Christchurch New Zealand
The Avon River / Ōtākaro flows through the centre of the city of Christchurch, New Zealand, and out to an estuary, which it shares with the Heathcote River, the Avon
Stop At: Port Hills, 575 Summit Road, Christchurch 8081 New Zealand
Admire the panoramic and breathtaking views of Christchurch and Canterbury from atop the Port Hills.
Pass By: Lake Ellesmere, Christchurch Akaroa Main Road Waihora, Christchurch 2004 New Zealand
Enjoy the scenery of Lakes Forsyth and Ellesmere, as well as the Canterbury Plains and Southern Alps on the 90 minute drive to the city.
Stop At: Shore Trips and Tours NZ, Akaroa Pier Beach Street, Akaroa 7520, New Zealand
Our team has been delivering world-class Shore Excursions for over 16 years. It all started with owner Ian - one man and a beloved Rolls Royce car.
Today, the number of vehicles and tours has changed, but the philosophy hasn’t – every customer is treated like one of the family, and we will make sure you have an unforgettable day. We have over 100 years combined tour guiding experience so you know you are in capable hands (and if you’re lucky you may even get to travel with Ian – he still loves to get behind the wheel!).
Travel in a modern, air conditioned vehicle with a passionate local as your host. We specialise in small groups to allow an intimate and personalised experience. Every tour is guided and commentated from start to finish - our guides delight in showing off our little corner of the world. And, we guarantee to have you back to the ship on time!
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- The tour start time is set at 10:00am but on some days there may be delays in the tender transfers to shore, so please ensure you catch an early tender so the tour can start on time as the transfer from ship to shore can take 30 minutes. If you arrive early you can browse the local shops in Akaroa
- If the ship's time in port does not match the tour start and end times then the tour will be adjusted to suit
- Due to the variation in the ships' departure times, the tour may need to depart Christchurch sooner than usual
- This tour is unsuitable for wheelchairs or scooters. A folding walker can possibly be accommodated but you must advise us of this at the time of booking.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 16 travelers
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan
- Experienced, local driver/guide
- Port pickup and drop-off
- Entry/Admission - Shore Trips and Tours NZ
- Lunch is not included but we do allow time for you to enjoy lunch in the city
- The cost of any additional options
73 Beach Road, Akaroa 7520, New Zealand
Returns to original departure point
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the Shore Trips and Tours in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.
The Fine Print
7-day cancellation rights do not apply; no refunds or exchanges permitted. Voucher valid only for date and time listed; may not be exchanged or redeemed for other dates. Purchaser name and phone number must be provided at checkout; this information will be shared with Viator and the tour operator for purposes of order fulfillment. Groupon promo codes may not be used for this offer. Groupon voucher Terms of Sale do not apply. See the tour operators terms and conditions for this offer here. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised Goods and services.