Visit Rotorua's most popular destinations on this small group tour to the geothermal heartland of New Zealand - Rotorua. Ride the gondola (cable car) at Skyline to enjoy the stunning views of Rotorua and the surrounding area. Also see interesting geothermal features in the heart of Rotorua city - including bubbling mudpools and hot springs. Plus view kiwifruit hanging on the vines when we stop in the home of New Zealand's kiwifruit industry.
Our team has been delivering world-class Shore Excursions for over 16 years - we have over 100 years combined tour guiding experience so you know you are in capable hands.
Travel in a modern, air conditioned vehicle with a passionate local as your host. We specialise in small groups to allow an intimate and personalised experience. Every tour is commentated from start to finish - we delight in showing off our little corner of the world. And, we guarantee to have you back to the ship on time!
What You'll Get
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Skyline Rotorua, 178 Fairy Springs Road, Fairy Springs, Rotorua 3015, New Zealand
Visit this stunning complex sitting high on the slopes of Mt Ngongotaha – this place has something for all ages!
Included in our tour is the scenic cable car (gondola) ride. Enjoy panoramic views of the city as you gently climb.
There are a number of optional things to see and do at the top (all at extra cost). These include:
• Dining at the sumptuous smorgasbord restaurant. Or grab a bite to eat at the café.
• Whizz down the mountainside on the luge. Invented in NZ, these trolley carts are great fun!
• Get your adrenalin buzz on the zipline or skyswing rides.
• Taste a number of exquisite wines and cheeses at Rotorua’s only winery.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Kuirau Park, Ranolf Street and Lake Road, Rotorua New Zealand
See bubbling mudpools and simmering hot springs at this central city park! Dip your feet in the soothing foot baths to experience the special qualities of the thermal water.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Government Gardens, Queens Dr 9 Queens Dr, Rotorua New Zealand
Get iconic photos of the Old Bath House, Blue Baths and surrounding gardens. See Rachel Spring - the water is always 100 degrees celsius!
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Lake Rotorua, Rotorua New Zealand
Enjoy the serenity of Rotorua's famous lakefront
Duration: 15 minutes
Stop At: Okere Falls Track, 21 Km from Rotorua on Trout Pool Road Off SH 33 The Rotorua to Tauranga Highway, Okere Falls New Zealand
Enjoy a scenic stop at beautiful Okere Falls. If you're lucky you'll see white water rafters careening over the 7 metre high waterfall!
Duration: 20 minutes
Stop At: Kiwifruit Country, 316 State Highway 33, Paengaroa 3189 New Zealand
See kiwifruit on the vines and taste a range of kiwifruit products
Duration: 20 minutes
Pass By: Mt Maunganui Main Beach, Marine Parade, Mount Maunganui, Tauranga New Zealand
See the beautiful gold sand beaches of Mt Maunganui. Pass million dollar homes and learn about the city and its people.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- This tour requires some walking on well made paths, gentle inclines and some steps
- This tour is not suitable for user of mobility scooters or wheelchairs (unless very small collapsible ones) . Folding walkers/frames can usually be accommodated but passengers must be able to enter a minibus using the standard steps. You must advise us at the time of booking if you are bringing any mobility device - failure to do so may result in you not being able to take the tour.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 18 travelers
- Port pickup and drop-off
- Professional and knowledgeable driver/guide
- Gondola ride at Skyline Rotorua
- Visit to a kiwifruit orchard
- Visit to Okere Falls
- Visit to Rotorua geothermal areas
- Entry/Admission - Skyline Rotorua
- Entry/Admission - Okere Falls Track
- Food and drinks
- Additional activities at Skyline eg Luge, Skyswing
4 Salisbury Avenue, Mount Maunganui, Tauranga 3116, New Zealand
Returns to original departure point
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the Shore Trips and Tours in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.