Enjoy a taste of our home town with the most experienced Shore Excursion team in Tauranga. See gold-sand beaches, stunning hilltop views, kiwifruit orchards and historic sites - all finished with a delicious lunch of fish and chips. This interesting and compact smaller-group tour is perfect for those who want to get a feel for how this city ticks, and will get you to places you won’t be able to explore on your own. Our local guide will ensure a great morning on this popular local tour.About us:Our team has been delivering world-class Shore Excursions for over 16 years - we have over 100 years combined tour guiding experience so you know you are in capable hands.Travel in a modern, air conditioned vehicle with a passionate local as your host. We specialise in small groups to allow an intimate and personalised experience. Every tour is commentated from start to finish - we delight in showing off our little corner of the world. And, we guarantee to have you back to the ship on time!
What You'll Get
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Mt Maunganui Main Beach, Marine Parade, Mount Maunganui, Tauranga New Zealand
Admire the harbour and beaches that draw so many tourists to the region. See million-dollar beachfront houses overlooking one of the nation’s best surf beaches at Mt Maunganui. Learn about the significance of ANZAC day at the memorial cenotaph.
Duration: 15 minutes
Pass By: The Elms, 15 Mission Street, Tauranga 3110 New Zealand
Learn about how the Mission shaped the formation of Tauranga as we pass by one of New Zealand’s most important historic buildings, (and Tauranga’s oldest colonial structure). Also see Monmouth Redoubt and other historical city sites.
Stop At: Gate Pa Memorial Reserve, Gate Pa School 900 Cameron Road, Tauranga 3112 New Zealand
Visit the scene of a fierce battle at the Gate Pa Battle Site. An important and fascinating part of Tauranga’s history – this is where British forces fought local Maori in 1864, and came off second best!
Duration: 20 minutes
Stop At: Mossop's Honey, 761 State Highway 29 Tauriko, Tauranga 3171 New Zealand
Try some famous Manuka honey at this locally run honey business. See the hives in action and sample a honey ice cream (own cost).
Duration: 20 minutes
Stop At: Minden Lookout, Minden Road, Tauranga New Zealand
Grab a panoramic photo of the Bay of Plenty from the Minden lookout (weather permitting). On a good day you will not only be able to see your ship sitting far below in the harbour, but also the active marine volcano of White Island puffing away in the distance.
Duration: 15 minutes
Stop At: Hairy Maclary & Friends Tauranga Waterfront Sculpture, The Strand, Tauranga New Zealand
Situated on the scenic Tauranga waterfront - these colourful characters were made famous in the children's books by Lynley Dodd. This is just a short walk from our lunch stop at Bobby's Fish Market - where we stop for approximately 45 minutes to enjoy a delicious lunch of fresh fish and chips on the waterfront. This place is famous in Tauranga for having the best fish and chips around.
Duration: 45 minutes
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- This is a general sightseeing trip with almost no walking required
- This tour is not suitable for user of mobility scooters or wheelchairs (unless very small collapsible ones) . Folding walkers/frames can usually be accommodated but passengers must be able to enter a minibus using the standard steps. You must advise us at the time of booking if you are bringing any mobility device - failure to do so may result in you not being able to take the tour.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- A free fish and chip lunch is included consisting of one portion of fish and chips per person. Unfortunately there are no alternatives included. The lunch is not vegetarian or gluten-free friendly.
- This is the first half of our Tauranga Shore Excursion: A Day in the Bay tour. If you'd like a longer, more in-depth local tour please see that listing
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 24 travelers
- Experienced and professional local driver/guide
- Air-conditioned transport
- Port pickup and drop-off
- Lunch - Fish and Chip lunch at waterfront location
- Manuka honey tasting
- Personal expenses
4 Salisbury Ave, Mount Maunganui, Tauranga 3116, New Zealand
3 hours 30 minutes
Returns to original departure point
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the Shore Trips and Tours in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.
The Fine Print
7-day cancellation rights do not apply; no refunds or exchanges permitted. Voucher valid only for date and time listed; may not be exchanged or redeemed for other dates. Purchaser name and phone number must be provided at checkout; this information will be shared with Viator and the tour operator for purposes of order fulfillment. Groupon promo codes may not be used for this offer. Groupon voucher Terms of Sale do not apply. See the tour operators terms and conditions for this offer here. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised Goods and services.