See the stunning geothermal region of Rotorua. This small group tour will take you to Te Puia to see the famous Pohutu Geyser, bubbling mud pools and a Maori cultural performance plus wood carving, flax weaving and kiwi birds. You will also see a number of other well loved Rotorua sights and kiwifruit orchards.
What You'll Get
Join Tauranga’s best Shore Excursion team for an unforgettable journey to Rotorua – New Zealand’s cultural and geothermal hub. This tour is a must for those wanting to see and do it all in Rotorua – this is our premier Rotorua experience.
Entry to the fantastic Te Puia complex is the highlight of the day. Unlike many other advertised tours, the Maori cultural performance is included – as well as a dedicated and knowledgeable guide for the day.
Your guide will share their passion and knowledge about not only Rotorua, but the Bay of Plenty region as a whole. Learn about the province and see why it is such a popular place to live.
You will visit a kiwifruit orchard to see how this quintessential New Zealand icon is grown, as well as be taken on a tour of Rotorua’s interesting city centre – including famous landmarks such as Govt Gardens, the Bath House, Blue Baths and the lakefront. We also make a stop at picturesque Okere Falls.
Highlights of Te Puia:
• See geysers explode high into the air, viscous mudpools bubble away and boiling hotpools simmer endlessly. You will only get those iconic geyser photos at Te Puia where you are up close and personal with many of the geothermal features.
• Experience an awe-inspiring cultural performance from a local Maori group. The 45 minute concert includes a powhiri (welcome) onto the Marae (meeting house), as well as traditional songs and dances. You will see the famous Haka (war dance) - guaranteed to send a shiver down your spine!
• Spot the elusive kiwi in the nocturnal enclosure. These shy birds are our national icon and are now endangered.
• Watch craftsmen and women learn their trade in the newly refurbished carving and weaving schools. The apprentices here are keeping their customs alive.
Our team has been delivering world-class Shore Excursions for over 16 years. It all started with owner Ian - one man and a beloved Rolls Royce car. Today, the number of vehicles and tours has changed, but the philosophy hasn’t – every customer is treated like one of the family, and we will make sure you have an unforgettable day. We have over 100 years combined tour guiding experience so you know you are in capable hands (and if you’re lucky you may even get to travel with Ian – he still loves to get behind the wheel!).
Travel in a modern, air conditioned vehicle with a passionate local as your host. We specialise in small groups to allow an intimate and personalised experience. Every tour is guided and commentated from start to finish - our guides delight in showing off our little corner of the world. And, we guarantee to have you back to the ship on time!
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- At time of booking, cruise ship passengers must provide the following information: ship name, docking time, disembarkation time and re-boarding time
- This tour is not suitable for users of mobility scooters (unless very small collapsible ones) or wheelchairs. Folding walkers/frames can be accommodated but passengers must be able to enter a coach or minibus using the standard steps. Please notify us at time of booking of any mobility issues.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- Experienced, professional driver/guide
- Port pickup and drop-off
- Comfortable air-conditioned transport
- Entry to Te Puia including Maori cultural performance
- Visit to a kiwifruit orchard
- Visit to Okere Falls
- Food and drinks
4 Salisbury Avenue, Mount Maunganui, Tauranga 3116, New Zealand
Returns to original departure point
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the Shore Trips and Tours in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.
The Fine Print
7-day cancellation rights do not apply; no refunds or exchanges permitted. Voucher valid only for date and time listed; may not be exchanged or redeemed for other dates. Purchaser name and phone number must be provided at checkout; this information will be shared with Viator and the tour operator for purposes of order fulfillment. Groupon promo codes may not be used for this offer. Groupon voucher Terms of Sale do not apply. See the tour operators terms and conditions for this offer here. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised Goods and services.