Towering peaks and cascading waterfalls - this has to be the spectacular Milford Sound. Described as the ‘Eighth Natural Wonder of the World’, this cruise will take you past the incredible Mitre Peak, Bowen Falls, Stirling Falls and Seal Point. See marine life in their natural environment as you discover the magic of this deep fiord.
What You'll Get
Nestled in the World Heritage listed Fiordland National Park, Milford Sound is described as the 'Eighth Natural Wonder of the World'. The only way to truly appreciate the splendor of this area is to enjoy a spectacular Milford Sound cruise.
A cruise is the perfect way to discover the beautiful scenery of this famous fiord, including the incredible Mitre Peak, which at a height of 1,692 meters (5,560 feet), is one of the highest mountains in the world to rise directly from the ocean floor, as well as stunning waterfalls that crash down into the serene waters. Wildlife such as dolphins, seals and penguins are often seen in their natural environment. The Milford Sound cruise along the southern side of Milford Sound out to the Tasman Sea and return up the northern side, stopping at all points of interest along the way, including Bowen Falls, Stirling Falls and Seal Point.
We have a cruise to suit everyone, you can choose the cruise only or choose an option that includes one of our freshly prepared lunches.
Our Scenic Cruise is a slightly a shorter cruise on our largest catamaran with commentary available in several language. Commentary is provided by our skipper and there is the option to enjoy a hot buffet lunch or a cooked breakfast on our 9.00am departure in summer.
If you’re looking for a slightly longer cruise but still want the option of a hot lunch our Nature Cruise is for you. This cruise is perfect for the more relaxed traveller who still wants an in-depth experience. It’s on our newly refurbished catamaran with great indoor and outdoor viewing and commentary is provided by a live nature guide. a hot buffet lunch is available on our 1.00pm departure in summer, on all other departures you can choose to include a freshly prepared picnic lunch.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- All passengers please advise country of origin at the time of booking
- Car Park: On arrival at Milford Sound you can park at the Milford Sound carpark. Please allow 10 minutes to walk from the carpark to the Milford Wharf Visitor Centre. Alternatively a complimentary shuttle service is provided from Discover Milford Sound.
- Wheelchair accessible onto boat but no disabled toilets onboard. Vessel has large viewing windows, ideal for wheelchairs.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Infant seats available
- Car parking in Milford Sound incurs a $10 hourly fee payable only by credit card. There are a limited number of free car parks and a complimentary shuttle service available in the Park & Ride area. We recommend arriving into Milford Sound at least 1-1-5 hours prior to your scheduled cruise departure.
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- Sightseeing cruise on Milford Sound
- Lunch (if option selected)
- Full commentary
- Tea and coffee are provided complimentary to all passengers
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
Returns to original departure point
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the Southern Discoveries in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.
The Fine Print
7-day cancellation rights do not apply; no refunds or exchanges permitted. Voucher valid only for date and time listed; may not be exchanged or redeemed for other dates. Purchaser name and phone number must be provided at checkout; this information will be shared with Viator and the tour operator for purposes of order fulfillment. Groupon promo codes may not be used for this offer. Groupon voucher Terms of Sale do not apply. See the tour operators terms and conditions for this offer here. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised Goods and services.