Enjoy a more intimate Milford Sound experience from Queenstown. Depart later, explore the Milford Road on a comfortable, glass-roof smaller coach and discover the Fiord on a small boat nature cruise. Visit the Underwater Observatory and savor a complimentary, freshly packed Picnic Lunch.
What You'll Get
Set off on a day trip from Queenstown to Milford Sound and enjoy a more intimate experience of Milford Sound. Discover the native wildlife, towering waterfalls and majestic mountains of the fiord on an intimate cruise on a smaller boat.
Journey through spectacular landscapes as your experienced, local coach driver provides engaging and informative commentary. Take in some of the best photo stops and short walks on the road to Milford Sound. Arrive at Milford Sound and join a Nature Cruise on our smallest boat with fewer people. Get within touching distance of impressive rock walls and right up close to Stirling Falls. Specialist nature guides will share their local knowledge with lively and informative commentary. Enjoy a freshly prepared picnic lunch.
Depart your cruise at the Milford Sound Underwater Observatory to enjoy an interactive learning experience about the wildlife, geology and history of the fiord. Descend 60 steps down a spiral staircase into a spacious viewing chamber to discover the unique and beautiful environment hidden under the surface of Milford Sound.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Please advise of your country of origin at the time of booking
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- Sunscreen and insect repellent advisable
- PLEASE NOTE: Children must be in a double kayak with a parent or guardian
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 39 travelers
- Return transport from Queenstown to Milford Sound on premium glass-roof coach
- FREE WiFi (limit 75MB), USB charging ports on board coach
- Informative commentary provided by local coach driver
- Headset commentaries in several languages available
- Milford Sound small boat Nature Cruise
- Specialist nature guide providing informative commentary on board cruise
- Freshly prepared picnic lunch
- Visit to Milford Sound Underwater Observatory
- FREE tea and coffee on board cruise
- Accommodation pick-up and drop off
- Coffee and/or Tea
- Alcoholic drinks (available to purchase)
110 Beach St, Queenstown 9300, New Zealand
Traveler pickup is offered
Departs Queenstown daily at 8:00am (check in 15 minutes prior to departure)
Hotel Pickups available from central Queenstown accommodation - Please contact our reservations team to arrange a pick-up at least 24-hours prior to the departure time.
Returns to original departure point
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the Southern Discoveries in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.
The Fine Print
7-day cancellation rights do not apply; no refunds or exchanges permitted. Voucher valid only for date and time listed; may not be exchanged or redeemed for other dates. Purchaser name and phone number must be provided at checkout; this information will be shared with Viator and the tour operator for purposes of order fulfillment. Groupon promo codes may not be used for this offer. Groupon voucher Terms of Sale do not apply. See the tour operators terms and conditions for this offer here. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised Goods and services.