A Fly/Cruise & Kayak/Fly is the ultimate experience to discover Milford Sound above, on and below the surface, taking in magnificent views of mountains, lakes, waterfalls, glaciers and forest.
This tour includes a return scenic flight from Queenstown with pilot commentary, Milford Sound Cruise, visit to the Milford Sound Underwater Observatory, one hour of guided kayaking around sheltered Harrison Cove, a freshly prepared meal, and hotel pick up/drop off in Queenstown provided.
Kayak with a small group, get within touching distance of Milford Sound’s sheer cliffs and enjoy spectacular views of Pembroke Glacier. The trip includes all kayaking equipment and clothing, safety briefing and a specialist kayak guide.
It’s suitable for all levels with no previous kayaking experience necessary. There’s an automated lift which allows for easy entry and exit from the kayaks, and double kayaks are available which are ideal for families.
What You'll Get
Embark on a breathtaking scenic flight from Queenstown to Milford Sound. Enjoy unimpaired views from the window seat of a fixed-wing aircraft as you fly through a landscape of unbelievable grandeur and beauty. Once in Milford Sound, step on board your cruise, you will discover the natural wonders of Milford Sound aboard a spacious catamaran purpose built for viewing. The Fiord is home to fur seal colonies, penguins and dolphins, who love playing in the wake of the boat. Travel the full length of the Fiord and out to the Tasman Sea, with stunning sheer cliffs surrounding you. Full commentary from the skipper and a stop under a waterfall, your cruise is a fantastic way to experience the Fiord. Complimentary tea, coffee and water is included on your cruise, as well as either a Picnic Lunch or Buffet Breakfast. Experience the magic of Milford Sound up close on a 1 hour guided kayaking adventure in the beautiful Harrison Cove - A serene and protected part of the Fiord, before coming face to face with the local marine life below the surface in New Zealand’s only floating underwater observatory. You will then cruise back to the terminal, and board your Scenic flight back to Queenstown.
• Queenstown, Queenstown, Otago Region, South Island
• Milford Sound, Milford Sound, Southland Region, South Island
• Fiordland National Park, Fiordland National Park, Southland Region, South Island
• Southern Discoveries - Milford Discovery Centre and Underwater Observatory, Milford Wharf Harrison Cove, Milford Sound New Zealand
• Mitre Peak, Fiordland National Park New Zealand
• Bowen Falls, Fiordland National Park, Milford Sound 9679 New Zealand
• Stirling Falls, Milford Sound New Zealand
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Not wheelchair accessible
- All passengers please advise country of origin at the time of booking
- Flight to Milford is subject to weather conditions, we recommend you book this activity as early in your stay as possibly to allow a chance to reschedule if required
- Suitable for children aged 4-14 years when in a double kayak with adult only
- Wear warm clothing, waterproof jacket, light shorts or trousers, change of clothes, comfortable shoes, drink bottle, sunhat, sunglasses, sunscreen and insect repellant
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- Return Scenic flight Queenstown to Milford
- Milford Sound Cruise
- 1 hour guided kayak - all kayak equipment provided
- Cooked Breakfast included on 8am tour, Picnic Lunch on all other departures
- Complimentary tea and coffee aboard Milford Sound Cruise
- Hotel Pick Up/Drop Off
- Coffee and/or Tea
- Alcoholic drinks (available to purchase)
Airport, Otago 9300, New Zealand
Traveler pickup is offered
If you require central Queenstown accommodation pick up, please advise our Reservations team on firstname.lastname@example.org at least 24 hours prior to your trip.
6 hours 30 minutes
Returns to original departure point
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the Southern Discoveries in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.
The Fine Print
7-day cancellation rights do not apply; no refunds or exchanges permitted. Voucher valid only for date and time listed; may not be exchanged or redeemed for other dates. Purchaser name and phone number must be provided at checkout; this information will be shared with Viator and the tour operator for purposes of order fulfillment. Groupon promo codes may not be used for this offer. Groupon voucher Terms of Sale do not apply. See the tour operators terms and conditions for this offer here. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised Goods and services.