If you’re looking for an experience that’s truly authentic, more insightful and completely personal – this is it! This all-inclusive trip is the longest and best value cruise experience. It includes your choice of Nature, Encounter Nature or Scenic Cruise, a visit to the Milford Sound Underwater Observatory and a tasty picnic lunch or buffet lunch.
What You'll Get
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Milford Sound, Milford Sound, Southland Region, South Island
An all-inclusive nature experience with excellent wildlife viewing, this package gives you the longest, best value daytime cruise experience in Milford Sound. The Cruise, Underwater Observatory & Lunch package enables you to really explore the beauty of the fiord. With a delicious Picnic Lunch and visit to the Milford Sound Underwater Observatory included, it’s the complete cruise experience.
Milford Sound is home to species such as black coral which are usually only found at depths of more than 500 metres. Our Milford Sound Underwater Observatory allows you to experience this amazing world beneath the surface. You’ll descend 64 steps (10 metres) underwater into a large, fully air-conditioned viewing area where windows with excellent clarity open your eyes to this underwater haven. Unlike an aquarium, the fish are free to come and go; it’s the people who are contained. No Milford Sound experience is complete without a visit to this phenomenon.
Duration: 3 hours
Stop At: Southern Discoveries - Milford Discovery Centre and Underwater Observatory, Milford Wharf Harrison Cove, Milford Sound New Zealand
Our Milford Sound Underwater Observatory is a unique opportunity to visit New Zealand’s only floating underwater observatory, accessible only by boat. Descend by spiral staircase to 10 metres beneath the water’s surface.
- See rare black coral growing in its natural habitat and meet colourful sea creatures
- Relax as our guide tells you more about the unique history, geology and wildlife of Milford Sound
- Learn about the story of Milford Sound and our conservation efforts with entertaining videos and easy to read information panels
Duration: 45 minutes
Pass By: Mitre Peak, Fiordland National Park New Zealand
Mitre Peak is a beautifully dramatic mountain in the South Island of New Zealand, located on the shore of Milford Sound. It is one of the most photographed mountain peaks in the entire country.
Pass By: Bowen Falls, Fiordland National Park, Milford Sound 9679 New Zealand
The stunning Lady Bowen Falls is Milford’s highest waterfall. It plunges 162m from a hanging valley into the head of Milford Sound and provides electricity for the Milford Sound township by feeding a small hydroelectric scheme, as well as being the water source for the settlement.
Pass By: Sinbad Gully, Southland 9679, New Zealand
Nestled behind the world famous Mitre Peak, the Sinbad Gully is characterised by extremely steep glacially carved walls punctuated by near vertical granite cliffs. These walls slowed pest invasion into the gully and as a result a number of unique native species remain in the Sinbad.
Southern Discoveries is passionate about preserving Milford Sound’s beauty for future generations which is why it’s a key partner in a major conservation project – the Sinbad Sanctuary Project.
The aim is to see the valley of New Zealand’s most photographed mountain (Sinbad Gully is at the base of Mitre Peak) become a sanctuary for native species.
Pass By: Stirling Falls, Milford Sound New Zealand
Milford’s second-highest waterfall is the Stirling Falls, a staggering 151m in height – three times the height of Niagara Falls, but the 1,300m mountain behind displaces this incredible height. This is the famous waterfall that Hugh Jackman ‘jumped off’ in the movie Wolverine. The sheer drop of the Stirling Falls allows boats to get right underneath – it’s an incredible feeling to have the power of 151m worth of glacial water falling so close to you.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Please advise of your country of origin at the time of booking
- Infant meals not included
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- Commentary in English only, translation sheets on cruise highlights are provided on board cruise
- Vegetarian options are available, please advise at time of booking if required
- If you are visiting us between 1 December - 30 April please arrive at Milford 1 hour prior to departure to allow time for parking
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Most travelers can participate
- Car parking in Milford Sound incurs a $10 hourly fee payable only by credit card. There are a limited number of free car parks and a complimentary shuttle service available in the Park & Ride area. We recommend arriving into Milford Sound at least 1 hour prior to your scheduled cruise departure.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- Either a Nature, Encounter Nature or Scenic Cruise
- Picnic Lunch or Buffet Lunch depending on option you choose
- Visit to the Milford Sound Underwater Observatory
- Complimentary tea and coffee on board the boat
- Coffee and/or Tea
- Entry/Admission - Southern Discoveries - Milford Discovery Centre and Underwater Observatory
- Alcoholic drinks, snacks and bottled water (available to purchase)
- Transportation to/from attractions
Returns to original departure point
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the Southern Discoveries in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.
The Fine Print
7-day cancellation rights do not apply; no refunds or exchanges permitted. Voucher valid only for date and time listed; may not be exchanged or redeemed for other dates. Purchaser name and phone number must be provided at checkout; this information will be shared with Viator and the tour operator for purposes of order fulfillment. Groupon promo codes may not be used for this offer. Groupon voucher Terms of Sale do not apply. See the tour operators terms and conditions for this offer here. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised Goods and services.