The perfect half day, independent cycling trip experiencing the best that Queenstown has to offer. Cruise on Spirit of Queenstown to Mt Nicholas High Country Farm on the western shores of Lake Wakatipu, then cycle along a quiet country road through open farm land to Walter Peak. Take in panoramic alpine views looking towards the Southern Alps, Glenorchy and Remarkables mountain ranges. At Walter Peak, board the TSS Earnslaw for the return cruise back to Queenstown. Bike and helmet hire included, Mt Nicholas Farm Experience and Walter Peak BBQ lunch add-ons are available.
Station 2 Station Cycle Trail – approx 4hrs 30min – 6hrs 30min
What You'll Get
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Lake Wakatipu, Queenstown New Zealand
On arriving at our Southern Discoveries Visitor Centre at 110 Beach Street our friendly team will fit you with your bicycle and helmet. Boarding our Spirit of Queenstown Scenic Cruise you will enjoy a 45 minute cruise across Lake Wakatipu, journey through Bob's Cove and view flora and fauna close up with spectacular views towards Glenorchy, Mt Earnslaw, the Southern Alps and Remarkables mountain range.
Stop At: Walter Peak, Otago 9793, New Zealand
Disembark the vessel and join Mt Nicholas Farm Experience (optional add-on), or journey between Mt Nicholas and Walter Peak Stations (high country farms) as you cycle along a quiet country road through open farm land at your own pace. There is a small climb as you leave the Mt Nicholas woolshed, then the remote, but public, shingle road levels out and continues over easy terrain alongside the lake. Watch the landscape unfold and take in the panoramic alpine views while cycling 14 kilometres (about 1 hour 30 minutes) to Walter Peak. There is an option to add on a BBQ Lunch at Walter Peak before boarding the vintage steamship TSS Earnslaw for the return cruise to Queenstown. Complimentary tea and coffee is provided on Spirit of Queenstown to Mt Nicholas High Country Farm as well as a bottle of water and cycle trail map on arrival to Mt Nicholas.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- All passengers please advise country of origin at the time of booking
- All passengers heights MUST be advised at the time of booking
- Not suitable for children 10 years and under
- Waterproof jacket and comfortable shoes required
- Mt Nicholas Farm Experience add-on includes a light farmers platter style lunch
- Mt Nicholas Farm Experience add-on only available on 9am departure
- Walter Peak BBQ Lunch add-on only available on 9am departure
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 20 travelers
- Spirit of Queenstown Cruise from Queenstown to Mt Nicholas
- Free tea and coffee on board the Spirit of Queenstown
- Bike and helmet hire
- Unguided independent 14 km cycle trail
- Free bottle of water and cycle trail map
- Return Cruise on TSS Earnslaw from Walter Peak to Queenstown
- Hotel pickup and drop off
- Alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks (available to purchase)
270 to 390 minutes
Returns to original departure point
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the Southern Discoveries in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.
The Fine Print
7-day cancellation rights do not apply; no refunds or exchanges permitted. Voucher valid only for date and time listed; may not be exchanged or redeemed for other dates. Purchaser name and phone number must be provided at checkout; this information will be shared with Viator and the tour operator for purposes of order fulfillment. Groupon promo codes may not be used for this offer. Groupon voucher Terms of Sale do not apply. See the tour operators terms and conditions for this offer here. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised Goods and services.