A stunning guided ride along the banks of one of NZ’s most beautiful and powerful rivers. Varied riding, beautiful vistas and plenty of photo opportunities make this a must do trip for those who appreciate exercise and scenery. Participants need to be able to ride a bike on loose sand and gravel, and up and down (moderate) hills. A medium level of fitness is required. The length of the ride is 10kms.
What You'll Get
Experience the beauty and challenge of a mountain biking tour along the banks of one of NZ’s greatest rivers. Join Wanaka Bike Guides for a 3.5 hour riverside mountain bike trip to enjoy some good exercise and learn about the power, history and importance of the river to Wanaka and the NZ South Island.
The mountain biking trail along the river has varied terrain with some challenging (short) uphills (which you are welcome to walk) and some fun downhills. But there’s no time pressure. You will have time to stop and catch your breath, take in the expansive river and mountain vistas as well as enjoy a cup of tea and snack. The photo opportunities are endless.
This mountain biking trip is an energetic way to fill in a morning or afternoon. Maximise your Wanaka experience by letting us organise all the logistics for this biking trip. We organise the bikes, helmets, refreshments and transport to and from the biking trail. All our guides are expert mountain bikers and will keep you entertained with many local stories about the river and Wanaka area. They can also give you advice and help to improve your mountain biking technique if you wish.
At the end of the mountain biking tour, we will return you to your accommodation or central Wanaka. This is a great mountain biking tour to get your heart rate up without the trail being too technical.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 7 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Minimum age is 10 years
- Youth rate applies only when sharing with 2 paying adults
- Not recommended for people who haven't ridden a bike on gravel before
- Please specify any medical conditions and/or injuries that we should be aware of
- Please indicate the heights, age and sex of all riders (so we can provide the bike which fits best)
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 7 travelers
- GST (Goods and Services Tax)
- TripAdvisor Experiences brokerage fees
- Professional guide
- Local guide
- Hotel/port pickup and drop-off
- Use of bicycle
- Use of helmet
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan
- Bottled water
- Coffee and/or Tea
3 hours 30 minutes
At the end of the tour, you'll be dropped back to your accommodation
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the Southern Tourism Limited trading as Wanaka Bike Guides in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.
The Fine Print
7-day cancellation rights do not apply; no refunds or exchanges permitted. Voucher valid only for date and time listed; may not be exchanged or redeemed for other dates. Purchaser name and phone number must be provided at checkout; this information will be shared with Viator and the tour operator for purposes of order fulfillment. Groupon promo codes may not be used for this offer. Groupon voucher Terms of Sale do not apply. See the tour operators terms and conditions for this offer here. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised Goods and services.