This 3-day small group tour offers an adventurous insight into the upper North Island's truly beautiful sub-tropical region. Departing and returning to Auckland, you'll experience the best of the far north over 3 fun filled days. Visit the northernmost point of New Zealand where the Tasman Sea meets the Pacific Ocean. Try sand boarding down rolling dunes, see giant native kauri trees and take a boat cruise in the Bay of Islands to see the famous Hole in the Rock. Please note this is a winter only tour, see our 3 day Bay of Islands Tour for the summer version!
What You'll Get
Day 1: Auckland to Paihia
Start your trip with an early departure from Auckland, heading north to the stunning Bay of Islands. On the way you’ll learn about the rich early European and Maori history of the region. After stopping to see some giant Kauri trees en-route, we continue on to Paihia, where you have the afternoon free to explore this charming seaside town.
Accommodation: Hostel near the beach.
Activities included: Tree hugging giant Kauri trees at Parry Kauri Forest.
Day 2: Paihia to Cape Reinga and back.
Today you travel to the northernmost point of the country, the spiritually significant Cape Reinga. Highlights of this day trip include a visit to 90 Mile Beach, dune surfing and seeing the clashing of two oceans! You have the option to sample some of the best fish and chips available on your way back to Paihia (own expense). Make sure you pack a lunch, snacks and enough water to fuel you through the day.
Accommodation: Hostel near the beach.
Activities included: Cape Reinga day trip, sand dune surfing.
Day 3: Paihia to Auckland
This morning we get out on the water on the famous ‘Hole in the Rock’ cruise. Keep a watchful eye out for playful dolphins and other marine life that are often spotted in this region. We depart in the afternoon to head back to Auckland.
Activities included: Hole in the Rock marine cruise.
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Tour pricing is based on quad share, however Twin and Single packages are available for this tour
- Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
- A moderate amount of walking is involved. Not recommended for participants with heart complaints or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers aged 13-17 must be accompanied by an adult or guardian and are subject to the full adult fare
- Luggage is limited to one bag or suitcase per person (maximum weight of 15kgs), plus one day pack to carry onboard with your valuables. The carriage of any excess of oversized luggage is at Stray's discretion and must be approved prior to travel.
- Travel Insurance: Not included with this tour. It is strongly recommend that passengers have their own insurance to cover against illness, injury, loss/damage to personal belongings and inability to travel on the confirmed departure date
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 20 travelers
- Experienced Stray Guide
- Transport by air-conditioned mini bus
- 2 nights accommodation and transfers
- Wildlife boat trip spotting dolphins and other marine life
- Sand boarding
- Local taxes
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Extra optional activities
- Airport pick-ups and drop-offs
Stray Travel, Shop 2, Shed 19/137 Quay St, Auckland CBD, Auckland 1010, New Zealand
Returns to original departure point
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the Stray Limited in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.
The Fine Print
7-day cancellation rights do not apply; no refunds or exchanges permitted. Voucher valid only for date and time listed; may not be exchanged or redeemed for other dates. Purchaser name and phone number must be provided at checkout; this information will be shared with Viator and the tour operator for purposes of order fulfillment. Groupon promo codes may not be used for this offer. Groupon voucher Terms of Sale do not apply. See the tour operators terms and conditions for this offer here. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised Goods and services.