This 14-day tour of the South Island of New Zealand will take you on a remarkable adventure, taking you further off the beaten track, with a small group of travellers and a knowledgeable guide. You’ll have the opportunity to go hiking, skydiving, walk on a glacier, swim with dolphins, cycle some of the country’s most scenic trails, go jet boating and more on New Zealand’s South Island, one big, beautiful, natural play ground!
What You'll Get
Day 1: Depart Christchurch Airport and travel to Hanmer Springs to relax in the thermal hot pools.
Day 2: Start the day with an invigorating walk up Conical Hill before we head to Kaikoura where you can spot marine life.
Day 3: Travel north along rugged coastal roads to the seaside port town of Picton.
Day 4: Sample a wine at a local vineyard before heading to the fabulous Abel Tasman National Park.
Day 5: Today is a free day to explore the Abel Tasman National Park. Walk along the stunning golden sand beaches, hop on a sailboat or go kayaking.
Day 6: Travel the scenic Arthur’s Pass to the West Coast. You visit Hokitika, famous for pounamu (jade), before your day ends in Franz Josef, home to Franz Josef Glacier.
Day 7: The day is spent in Franz Josef so you can explore the glacier or walking trails.
Day 8: Visit Lake Matheson, New Zealand’s most photographed lake, before heading to Mount Aspiring National Park where you go jet boating!
Day 9: Doubtful Sound is a true treasure of New Zealand and today you will board a purpose-built boat for an overnight cruise. Look out for fur seals, penguins and dolphins.
Day 10: Today head for the "adventure capital of the world", Queenstown. Queenstown is known for its nightlife with excellent restaurants, pubs, nightclubs and live music.
Day 11 - 12: You have two free days to fully explore. Queenstown is a great place to spend a few days, no matter your past-time of choice. Some optional activities may include AJ Hackett Bungy, Canyon Swing, Skyline Gondola and Luging (own expense).
Day 13: Back on the bus, head for Wanaka to spend the morning on a scenic bike ride along the lakeside. After lunch, journey north to your next overnight stop at the base of New Zealand's highest mountain, Aoraki/Mt Cook.
Day 14: Stop for a break on the shores of turqouise Lake Tekapo and you have the option to join a thrilling white water rafting adventure on the Rangitata River in the afternoon. Those not rafting will carry on to Christchurch, meeting the rafters later in the evening. This is where your tour comes to an end.
Accommodation: Comfortable accommodation situated in great locations, staying in a range of cabins, lodges or local hostels
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Quad Tour pricing is based on room share (4-6 people). Twin or Single package upgrades are available. See Tour Options labelled 'Twin' or 'Single'. Please note, on the Doubtful Sound Overnight Cruise (Day 5), rooms are quad share and no upgrades are available
- Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
- Travel Insurance is not included with this tour. It is strongly recommend that passengers have their own insurance
- Luggage is limited to one bag or suitcase per person (maximum weight of 15kgs), plus one day pack to carry onboard with your valuables. The carriage of any excess of oversized luggage is at Stray's discretion and must be approved prior to travel.
- As a private carrier, the operator can refuse to carry a person whose behavior is detrimental to the enjoyment of the group
- Itinerary Disclaimer: Itineraries are correct at the time of printing, however the operator retains the right to alter the route or itinerary if required. On occasion changes are made to improve the product or due to changes made by partners/suppliers. If a product, service or activity detailed in our itinerary is changed, a suitable alternative will be offered where possible. Components of our trip are weather dependent and the Operator cannot be held liable if some components are not available on the day of travel. No refunds will be given in the event of any delay or alteration in the trip resulting from severe weather conditions or a mechanical failure
- Dress code is smart casual
- Near public transportation
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 20 travelers
- Accommodation for 13 nights
- Experienced Stray Guide
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Meals including: Breakfast (11), Dinner (6)
- Hiking Abel Tasman National Park + water taxi
- Visit a cellar door in the Malborough region and try the famous Sauvignon Blanc
- Soak in Hanmer Springs Thermal Pools and Spa
- Seal spotting in Kaikoura
- Walk around Lake Matheson and the Blue Pools, Mount Aspiring National Park
- Exclusive Doubtful Sound Overnight Cruise
- Jet Boat Ride in Makarora
- Scenic bike ride in Wanaka
- Walk in the Tasman Valley, Mt Cook National Park
- Explore Lake Tekapo area
- Food and drinks - other than meals specified under inclusions
- Extra optional activities
Returns to original departure point
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the Stray Limited in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.
The Fine Print
7-day cancellation rights do not apply; no refunds or exchanges permitted. Voucher valid only for date and time listed; may not be exchanged or redeemed for other dates. Purchaser name and phone number must be provided at checkout; this information will be shared with Viator and the tour operator for purposes of order fulfillment. Groupon promo codes may not be used for this offer. Groupon voucher Terms of Sale do not apply. See the tour operators terms and conditions for this offer here. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised Goods and services.