This 13-day small group adventure tour is guaranteed to take you further off the beaten track around the wonders of New Zealand's North Island. Departing from Auckland, you will travel north to Paihia in the beautiful Bay of Islands, including a day trip to the very top of the country. Returning south via Auckland, you will visit the beach paradise of Hahei on the Coromandel Peninsula. Get adventurous in the bubbling mud capital of Rotorua before heading to peaceful Lake Aniwhenua to learn more about Maori culture and dine on a traditional Hangi meal. You'll visit top-rated Blue Duck Station, a working farm with an inspiring conservation mission. You’ll get the chance to hike in the stunning Tongariro National Park before paying a visit to the bustling capital city of Wellington.
What You'll Get
Day 1: Auckland to Paihia
Start your trip heading north from Auckland to the stunning Bay of Island and the charming seaside town of Paihia.
Day 2: Cape Reinga Day Trip
Travel to Cape Reinga, the northernmost point of the country, to see the clashing of two oceans!
Day 3: Paihia to Auckland
Spend the morning cruising to the Hole in the Rock, keeping an eye out for playful dolphins in the bay. Return to Auckland in the afternoon for a free evening in the city.
Day 4 & 5: Auckland to Hahei
Depart early to journey south to the Coromandel Peninsula and your beachfront accommodation in Hahei, where you spend 2 nights. You have a free day in Hahei to visit stunning Cathedral Cove or tour the nearby marine reserve.
Day 6: Hahei to Rotorua
Today we head to Rotorua, with the option to tour the Hobbiton Movie Set or check out some of the geothermal wonders
Day 7: Rotorua Free Day
You have a full free day in Rotorua to discover an area rich in Maori heritage and adventure activities. You can opt to take a day trip to Waitomo or White Island.
Day 8: Rotorua to Lake Aniwhenua
Spend a free morning doing one of the many activities on offer in Rotorua. Depart at midday to meet our local Maori guide who will take us on a guided tour of the remote area around Lake Aniwhenua. Includes a traditional welcome to a Marae and delicious ground cooked hangi feast for dinner. (Includes dinner)
Day 9 & 10: Lake Aniwhenua to Blue Duck
After breakfast we depart and head to Taupo to see Huka Falls, and for the brave, skydiving! We then make our way to Blue Duck Station, a high country farm and an environmental conservation leader. Settle in and learn a little more about what makes this destination so special. The next day you'll be taken around the farm on an Eco-warrior 4WD Farm Tour and have the chance to explore! (Includes breakfast)
Day 11: Blue Duck to Tongaririo National Park
Today is your chance to take on the Tongariro Alpine Crossing, rated one of the best walks in the world! Walk across active volcanoes at the base of "Mount Doom"! Tonight we stay in Raetihi.
Day 12: Raetihi to Wellington
We head to Wellington, NZ’s capital city. You have the afternoon to cruise around the shops and cafes along popular Cuba Street, explore the New Zealand wonders found in Te Papa National Museum or stroll along the waterfront.
Day 13: Wellington to Auckland
Today is an express journey from Wellington to finish in Auckland in the early evening
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Confirmation booking voucher will be sent at time of booking
- Tour pricing is based on Quad Share (except at Whakahoro which is 6 share). Twin or Single tour packages are available, however the upgrade packages exclude Hahei where the accommodation remains Quad Share.
- Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
- A moderate amount of walking is involved. Not recommended for participants with heart complaints or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers aged 13-17 must be accompanied by an adult or guardian and are subject to the full adult fare.
- Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund.
- Luggage is limited to one bag or suitcase per person (maximum weight of 15kgs), plus one day pack to carry onboard with your valuables. The carriage of any excess of oversized luggage is at Stray's discretion and must be approved prior to travel.
- Itinerary Disclaimer: Itineraries are correct at the time of printing, however the operator retains the right to alter the route or itinerary if required. If a product, service or activity detailed in our itinerary is changed, a suitable alternative will be offered where possible. Components of our trip are weather dependent and may not operate. No refunds will be given in the event of any delay or alternation in the trip resulting from severe weather conditions or a mechanical failure
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 20 travelers
- Experienced Stray Guide throughout trip
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- 12 nights’ accommodation
- Meals: Breakfast (1) Dinner (1)
- Paihia: day trip to Cape Reinga
- Paihia: Hole in the Rock marine cruise
- Lake Aniwhenua: Kohutapu experience – guided tour of sacred Maori rock carvings, Marae experience, afternoon tea, ground cooked hangi feast and buffet breakfast
- Whakahoro: Eco-Warrior 4WD farm tour
- Goods and Services Tax included
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Extra optional activities
Stray Travel, Shop 2, Shed 19/137 Quay Street, Auckland CBD, Auckland 1010, New Zealand
Returns to original departure point
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the Stray Limited in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.
The Fine Print
7-day cancellation rights do not apply; no refunds or exchanges permitted. Voucher valid only for date and time listed; may not be exchanged or redeemed for other dates. Purchaser name and phone number must be provided at checkout; this information will be shared with Viator and the tour operator for purposes of order fulfillment. Groupon promo codes may not be used for this offer. Groupon voucher Terms of Sale do not apply. See the tour operators terms and conditions for this offer here. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised Goods and services.