Explore the calm waters of the Waitangi River estuary during a 3-hour voyage on a sturdy traditional canoe captained by an experienced local Maori guide. You’ll learn native paddling techniques, visit Haruru Falls and look for wildlife, plus hear about Ngapuhi customs, legends and history. The guide teaches you a traditional war dance and takes you to see a Ngapuhi meeting house where you might get the chance to meet members of this Maori community.
What You'll Get
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Haruru Falls, Waitangi River, Paihia New Zealand
Photo opportunities in front of the Haruru Falls, history of the falls and surrounding area.
Unlimited time for your photo opportunity up close and personal to the Haruru Falls.
Duration: 10 minutes
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Children under the age of 6 years are not permitted on the canoe (waka) for safety reasons
- Bring a raincoat or suitable clothing for weather conditions on the day
- Bring your own water, towel, sunscreen, insect repellent and a hat
- It is recommended that you wear soft-soled boat shoes or reef/sand shoes, as your feet will get wet when boarding the canoe
- Cancellation received 7 days or more prior to departure date will receive a 60% refund on the full cost of the tour
- Cancellation received 3-7 days prior to departure date will receive a refund of 50% of the full cost
- There will be no refund for any cancellations received 3 days or less before departure
- The local tour operator reserves the right to change, alter or cancel any of the tour options due to adverse weather, events or conditions that may occur beyond their control
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 32 travelers
- Local guide
- Life jacket
- First aid kit
- All-inclusive day pass to the Waitangi Treaty Grounds (this is valid for one day of your choice)
- Food and drinks
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
1: Bay of Islands, Bay of Islands, Northland Region, North Island
2: Waitangi River Boat Ramp, Te Karuwha Parade, Waitangi 0293, New Zealand
Returns to original departure point
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the Taiamai Tours Heritage Journeys in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.
The Fine Print
7-day cancellation rights do not apply; no refunds or exchanges permitted. Voucher valid only for date and time listed; may not be exchanged or redeemed for other dates. Purchaser name and phone number must be provided at checkout; this information will be shared with Viator and the tour operator for purposes of order fulfillment. Groupon promo codes may not be used for this offer. Groupon voucher Terms of Sale do not apply. See the tour operators terms and conditions for this offer here. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised Goods and services.