Enjoy this memorable shore excursion from where your cruise ship tenders in Paihia. This is a once in a lifetime opportunity to delve into the Northern Maori culture from the Ngapuhi confederation of tribes, New Zealand’s largest tribal nation by using the living landscapes and environment as the setting and natural backdrop for your tour.The best part of your 3 hour tour is done in a Waka taua (traditional Maori war canoe) built from a mixture of composite and traditional materials. You will also view a Marae (meeting ground), historical sites and learn the age old art of storytelling to share the traditions, customs and the compelling stories of the bygone era. The activities are both interactive and educational where you will learn the ceremonial chants and haka of the magnificent Waka taua while absorbing the breath-taking natural and stunning beauty of the Waitangi river tidal estuaries, its rain-forest and the cultural living landscapes.
About This Deal
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Paihia Harbour, Paihia New Zealand
We depart on our Waka paddling down and exploring our way through the peaceful, tranquil estuaries of the Waitangi river. This interactive Waka experience will provide you with a rare and unique insight into our ancient customs and rituals and traditions.
We stop under the magnificent Haruru Falls where you will be able to be many magical photo opportunities that will last a life time.
Duration: 10 minutes
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Children 5 years and under are unable to take this tour unless parents or guardians take full responsibility if their child is not safely restrained.
- Stroller accessible
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 32 travelers
- Professional, local guide
- Sightseeing Waka Tour
- Bottled water
Bay of Islands, Bay of Islands, Northland Region, North Island
Returns to original departure point
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the Taiamai Tours Heritage Journeys in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.
Need to Know
Fine Print and Helpful Information
7-day cancellation rights do not apply; no refunds or exchanges permitted. Voucher valid only for date and time listed; may not be exchanged or redeemed for other dates. Purchaser name and phone number must be provided at checkout; this information will be shared with Viator and the tour operator for purposes of order fulfillment. Groupon promo codes may not be used for this offer. Groupon voucher Terms of Sale do not apply. See the tour operators terms and conditions for this offer here. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised Goods and services.