A highlight of your visit to Dunedin is a trip on the Taieri Gorge Railway – one of the world’s great train trips and one of Dunedin’s top attractions. Departing daily from downtown Dunedin into the Taieri Gorge, this trip travels through some of New Zealand’s most beautiful and ever changing scenery which can not seen from the road! With sightseeing stops, an on board café and outside viewing platforms it is the perfect all weather activity and one of the key attractions in Dunedin – not to be missed.
What You'll Get
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: Taieri Gorge Railway, Anzac Square, Dunedin 9054 New Zealand
This 4-hour round-trip train travels through some of New Zealands most beautiful scenery. Includes a commentary, sightseeing stops and cafe/bar. This is an all-weather experience not to be missed.
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Wheelchair accessible
- Infants must sit on laps
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Seats are assigned by the theater box office and will not be known in advance
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- Please bring cash for cafe carriage purchases.
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- Wheelchair accessible - please give us plenty of prior notice.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- Rail Tour
- Live commentary on board
- The listed price does not include local parking charges
- Alcoholic drinks (available to purchase)
- Food and drinks
- DVD (available to purchase)
- Hotel pickup or drop-off
4 hours 30 minutes
Please note - the standard trip to Pukerangi is four hours return and the Middlemarch trip is six hours return. All tours depart from and return to Dunedin Railway station.
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the Taieri Gorge Railway LImited in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.
The Fine Print
7-day cancellation rights do not apply; no refunds or exchanges permitted. Voucher valid only for date and time listed; may not be exchanged or redeemed for other dates. Purchaser name and phone number must be provided at checkout; this information will be shared with Viator and the tour operator for purposes of order fulfillment. Groupon promo codes may not be used for this offer. Groupon voucher Terms of Sale do not apply. See the tour operators terms and conditions for this offer here. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised Goods and services.