Skydive from 9,000ft above stunning Lake Taupo, New Zealand's original drop zone! Take in spectacular views of the Tongariro National Park and the Central Plateau. With free local Hummer pickups, free Rotorua pickups, free USBs, internet uploads and the most camera options in New Zealand, a skydive with us is unforgettable. This is a limited time jump, only available at 12.50pm each day. Please note only Selfie Cam is available with the 9,000 ft jump.
What You'll Get
Your skydive begins with a scenic plane ride up to 9,000 ft. As you climb higher, you’re going to have a hard time comprehending the sheer size and beauty of Lake Taupo – the biggest lake in the Southern Hemisphere!
Once you’ve reached altitude, the doors will open, you’ll sit on the edge of the plane with your tandem master seated behind you, with each moment passing and bringing you closer to the big jump. As the anticipation starts building, your heart will start beating faster because of the excitement. Then the moment of truth arrives and you jump!
As you plunge from the plane into the fresh air, you’ll experience the best adrenaline rush of your life! Reaching speeds of up to 200km per hour, the thrill of freefall is something you’ll never forget.
After an insane 30 seconds of freefall - possibly the most intense 30 seconds of your life - you’ll then float back to earth with a relaxing parachute ride with your tandem master, arriving safely and soundly back at the drop zone. You’ll be buzzing long after your feet touch the ground.
• Taupo Tandem Skydiving, 1105 Anzac Memorial Drive Taupo Airport (TUO), Taupo 3330 New Zealand
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- 9,000 ft jump is only available for the 4.20pm slot and only Selfie Cam is available with your jump
- 100kg weight limit
- Children must be able to fit the harness
- Operated by multi-lingual tandem masters
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 7 travelers
- 9,000ft Skydive
- Professional guide
- Use of harness, jumpsuit and goggles
- Free buff/scarf
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- All taxes, fees and handling charge
- Souvenir photos (available to purchase)
Traveler pickup is offered
We can also pickup from local businesses such as Taupo i-Site and another tourist attraction such as Taupo Bungy. Please enquire on booking.
- Taupo Airport, Taupo New Zealand
2 hours 30 minutes
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the Tandem Skydiving (2002) Ltd in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.
The Fine Print
7-day cancellation rights do not apply; no refunds or exchanges permitted. Voucher valid only for date and time listed; may not be exchanged or redeemed for other dates. Purchaser name and phone number must be provided at checkout; this information will be shared with Viator and the tour operator for purposes of order fulfillment. Groupon promo codes may not be used for this offer. Groupon voucher Terms of Sale do not apply. See the tour operators terms and conditions for this offer here. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised Goods and services.