Our most popular flight takes you the length of Lake Taupo climbing up to 10,000 feet to take a look into the active crater lake of New Zealand’s highest volcano. On the way down view the Tama Lakes, Mount Ngauruhoe, the emerald lakes and many craters that make up Mount Tongariro. These breathtaking views never disappoint.
Flight Time is approximately 60 minutes
What You'll Get
Upon arriving at Taupo's Floatplane booking office you will check in. After which you will be shown a short video on the safety procedures of the aircraft. Apon meeting your pilot he/she will show you where the life jackets for your aircraft are stored
Departing from Taupo Bay, we head south to overfly Turangi, Mount Pihanga, Lake Rotoaira, the Blue and Emerald Lakes and the Tama Lakes to the summit of Mount Ruapehu. A circuit of the summit allows you to view the Crater Lake and the ski fields on the slopes of Mount Ruapehu. Continuing our journey, now northward, we travel to Mount Ngauruhoe to view the centre of this classic volcano. We fly over Mount Tongariro to view the Red Crater, the Blue Lake and old lava flows before we begin our descent over Lake Taupo to land along the lakefront. (60 minutes Approx.)
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 1 day of travel. In this case confirmation will be received as soon as possible, subject to availability
- Infants must sit on laps
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Child rate applies only when sharing with 2 paying adults
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Due to comfort and weight / balance of the aircraft, passengers weighing over 110kg. will be required to purchase an additional seat. This is payable directly to the tour operator on the day of the tour.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 4 travelers
- All taxes, fees and handling charges
- GST (Goods and Services Tax)
- Local taxes
- TripAdvisor Experiences brokerage fee
- Headsets to hear the guide clearly
- Live commentary on board
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the Taupo's Floatplane in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.
The Fine Print
7-day cancellation rights do not apply; no refunds or exchanges permitted. Voucher valid only for date and time listed; may not be exchanged or redeemed for other dates. Purchaser name and phone number must be provided at checkout; this information will be shared with Viator and the tour operator for purposes of order fulfillment. Groupon promo codes may not be used for this offer. Groupon voucher Terms of Sale do not apply. See the tour operators terms and conditions for this offer here. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised Goods and services.