This scenic flight visits both Doubtful Sound and Dusky Sound. Two of Fourteen beautiful Fiords within the Fiordland National Park.Doubtful Sound is the second largest Fiord in the Fiordland National Park and is most popular next to Milford Sound. Dusky Sound is one of the largest and complex Fiords in Fiordland, being 40km long and 8km at the widest part, it encompasses many islands and was named by Caption Cook in 1773.
What You'll Get
Departing from Te Anau airport, head west over Lake Manapouri for Dusky Sound. Passing over head New Zealand's famous hydroelectric power station at the West Arm.
Tracking along a glacier carved valley, you will cross from the East coast of New Zealand to the West coast and into Dusky Sound. A remote alpine landing will show you how isolated this part of Fiordland is and also how beautiful and untouched the mountains are. You are welcome to take as many photos as you like so you can take these memories home forever.
After lifting off from the remote landing site, you make your way towards Doubtful Sound, and its many arms which meander off the main Fiord. Another landing in Doubtful Sound brings more great photo opportunities.
Once again crossing the Southern Alps heading East this time back to Te Anau Airport, you will have views of Lake Manapouri and the Kepler Mountains.
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- Child rate applies only when sharing with 2 paying adults
- Due to comfort and weight / balance of the aircraft, passengers weighing over 120kgs will be required to purchase an additional seat. This is payable directly to the tour operator on the day of the tour
- Subject to favorable weather conditions. If cancelled due to poor weather, you will be given the option of an alternative date or full refund
- Headsets to hear the guide clearly
- Live commentary on board
- Hotel pickup and drop-off from Te Anau or Manapouri
- All taxes, fees and handling charges
- Food and drinks
Te Anau Airport, Manapouri or your hotel
Departure time is flexible, please advise preferred time upon booking
1 hour 45 minutes
Return to same departure location
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the Te Anau Helicopter Services in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.
The Fine Print
7-day cancellation rights do not apply; no refunds or exchanges permitted. Voucher valid only for date and time listed; may not be exchanged or redeemed for other dates. Purchaser name and phone number must be provided at checkout; this information will be shared with Viator and the tour operator for purposes of order fulfillment. Groupon promo codes may not be used for this offer. Groupon voucher Terms of Sale do not apply. See the tour operators terms and conditions for this offer here. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised Goods and services.