You and your small group can enjoy Te Pō, an indigenous evening experience, operating daily from 6pm to 9pm. The night includes a traditional welcoming ceremony (pōwhiri) and an intimate 45-minute Māori concert performance. Enjoy a mouth-watering banquet of authentic Māori cuisine (kai) and marvel at the breath-taking beauty of the geothermal valley under lights.
What You'll Get
Courtesy hotel pickup and drop-off is available. Otherwise, you'll depart from Te Puia, Rotorua.
6:00pm - Arrive at your destination
6:15pm - Reveal of traditional Māori hangi
6:30pm - 7:15pm Traditional Māori welcome and 45 Minute cultural show
7:30pm - Buffet dinner, including hangi but also have a range of seafood, salads, pasta and a dessert buffet
8:20pm - Hot chocolate down by the geyser
9:00pm - Back to the hotel
• The Māori welcome ceremony (pōwhiri) and intimate concert performance takes place inside a traditional meeting house (wharenui).
• Be enthralled by Māori cultural performers (45-minute performance), featuring traditional storytelling and entertainment inside a carved Māori meeting house.
• Taste an exquisite Māori feast prepared in the traditional hāngi style, including chicken, lamb, potato, kumara, pumpkin, stuffing. Buffet also includes soup, seafood, pasta, curry, breads & dips, many of which are vegetarian and gluten free. All meat is sourced from a halal supplier and pork is cooked separately. Dessert buffet includes pavlova, steamed pudding with custard, cream puffs, ice-cream, trifle, and mousse.
• After dinner, you will be invited to board the motorised waka (people mover) for a journey through the valley under lights. Enjoy a hot chocolate on the hot rocks and be awed by the magical evening sights of Te Puia's geothermal valley.
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Wheelchair accessible
- Minimum drinking age is 18 years
- Wheelchair accessible (Please advise at time of booking if wheelchair assistance is required)
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 150 travelers
- Professional guide
- Cultural performance
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Coffee and/or Tea
- Alcoholic drinks (available to purchase)
- DVD (available to purchase)
Hotel pickup, or meeting point at Te Puia, Rotorua
Returns to original departure point
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the Te Puia in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.
The Fine Print
7-day cancellation rights do not apply; no refunds or exchanges permitted. Voucher valid only for date and time listed; may not be exchanged or redeemed for other dates. Purchaser name and phone number must be provided at checkout; this information will be shared with Viator and the tour operator for purposes of order fulfillment. Groupon promo codes may not be used for this offer. Groupon voucher Terms of Sale do not apply. See the tour operators terms and conditions for this offer here. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised Goods and services.