If you seek an adventure tour that plays with your senses and provides an unforgettable thrill then this tour is for you. Choose between the Black Abyss or the Labyrinth and let the fun begin!
What You'll Get
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: The Legendary Black Water Rafting Co., 585 Waitomo Caves Road, Waitomo Caves 3977 New Zealand
This popular tour involves a combination of walking and floating on an inner tube through a unique underground river system. As you prepare for your adventure your professional guide will ensure you are properly equipped and teach you some fun techniques before you climb down into nature's underground network for an enjoyable cave tubing experience of a lifetime! Streams spill, twist, turn and join to build a river canyon. Glide with the water as it drops down the hidden waterfall and tumbles down rocky chutes before sliding through vaulted limestone galleries to finally emerge into the dazzling green Waitomo forest.
Prepare to be amazed at the naturally occurring decorations within the cave including stalactites and stalagmites. This exhilarating journey also provides a spectacular visual display of glowworms.
At the end of your experience enjoy a hot shower, hearty soup and bagel.
Duration: 3 hours
Stop At: Waitomo Glowworm Caves, 39 Waitomo Village Road, Waitomo Caves 3943 New Zealand
Includes: caving and walking, cave tubing (black water rafting), glow worms, small waterfall jump
Stop At: Ruakuri Cave, Waitomo Caves 3977 New Zealand
The Black Abyss
Feel the adrenaline as you abseil into the dark, seemingly bottomless depths of Ruakuri Cave. Zipline through a gallery of glowworms and climb underground waterfalls as you test your limits on this truly unforgettable journey.
For the ultimate in adventure caving tours, look no further than the Black Abyss. Descend into the seemingly bottomless depths of Ruakuri Cave before zip lining through a gallery of illuminating glowworms on this unforgettable journey. Begin your journey by abseiling into the depths of mysterious Ruakuri Cave.
Explore the subterranean world and discover what lives under the ground in Waitomo Caves as your experienced guides weave you through a glowworm-studded wonderland. Zipline through a gallery of glowworms and jump off cascading underground waterfalls as you test your limits on this truly unforgettable journey. Our trained guides will give you abseil training before you begin your descent underground. After you’ve discovered true adventure in Waitomo, warm up with a hot shower and some hot soup on bagels, on us.
Duration: 5 hours
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- All participants on this tour must weigh at least 45 kilograms
- Water temperature is approximately 10 degrees Celsius
- The Waitomo Caves are located 121 miles (195 km) from Auckland. Rountrip transport from Auckland is not included
- Please note: the minimum age for following tours are:
- The Black Abyss: 16 years of age
- The Labyrinth: 12 years of age
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- Please note: the Black Labyrinth tour is a beginner level caving adventure, almost anyone can give it a go!
- Bring swimwear & a towel
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- Abseiling techniques training (if option chosen)
- The use of equipment such as tubes, wetsuits, boots, helmets, abseiling devices (if option chosen) and safety equipment
- Complimentary hot shower, hearty soup and legendary Black Water bagel
- Entry to Waitomo Cave Museum
- Hotel pickup and drop off
- Food and drinks, unless specified
Returns to original departure point
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the THL - Waitomo Caves Group in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.
The Fine Print
7-day cancellation rights do not apply; no refunds or exchanges permitted. Voucher valid only for date and time listed; may not be exchanged or redeemed for other dates. Purchaser name and phone number must be provided at checkout; this information will be shared with Viator and the tour operator for purposes of order fulfillment. Groupon promo codes may not be used for this offer. Groupon voucher Terms of Sale do not apply. See the tour operators terms and conditions for this offer here. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised Goods and services.