Enjoy an amazing wilderness mountain biking experience on New Zealand's best 2 day mountain bike trail. Enjoy genuine Kiwi hospitality and comfort at Timber Trail Lodge. We take care of everything. Suitable for people of reasonable fitness.
What You'll Get
Meet the shuttle, and your bikes, at Ongarue near Taumarunui at 8.15am. You need to bring your lunch and suitable clothing. Pack extra gear in a bag for direct transfer to the lodge. You can leave your vehicle in secure parking.
Get transported to the start of the trail at Pureora village and begin your ride. Bike 40km (4-6 hours) to Timber Trail Lodge.
Arrive at the lodge and enjoy our hospitality and spectacular location. We provide dinner, breakast and lunch for day 2. We have a licensed bar. There are lovely bush walks close to the lodge.
On day 2 after a hearty breakfast ride a further 44 km (34-6 hours) to Ongarue. Your luggage will be waiting for you at your vehicle.
Upgrades to ensuite rooms, and ebikes are available.
This is a Grade 2 trail meaning it is suitable for most confident, reasonabley fit riders. It is through a wilderness area so you must be prepared for wet and cold conditions at all times. Theere is no cell phone coverage for most of the trail.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for child aged 12 and under
- Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
- Booking required
- All passenger heights MUST be advised at time of booking for fitting hire bikes
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- Accommodation as per itinerary
- Overnight accommodation
- Shuttle transport to the start of the Timber Trail
- Secure vehicle parking
- Baggage transfer
- Dinner, breakfast and lunch (Day 2)
- Bike Hire
- Coffee and/or Tea
- This ride is suitable for adults and competent younger riders.
Ongarue, Bennetts Road carpark
1 to 2 days
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the Timber Trail Lodge in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.