We are an experienced shuttle service providing transport for visitors to and from the Tongariro National Park for more than 20 years.
Characterised by ancient volcanic scenery, spectacular skylines and local Maori legend, this World Heritage Site also features one of the best day hikes in the world.
The Tongariro Alpine Crossing spans 19 kilometres along the active Tongariro Volcano in New Zealand’s Central Plateau, offering visitors a thrilling journey through some of the country’s most unique landscapes.
With more than 20 years’ experience living and breathing the Tongariro lifestyle, the team at Tongariro Expeditions understand this unique alpine environment better than most. Alongside our Tongariro Alpine Crossing shuttle services, we also offer gear hire, gear for purchase, information, mapping and comprehensive weather advice.
What You'll Get
The Tongariro Alpine Crossing is a 20km alpine hike that takes 6-8 hours to complete. The hike journeys over active volcanoes through dramatic landscapes including the Emerald and Blue Lakes, Red Crater and Te Maari Crater.
• Tongariro National Park, Tongariro National Park, Manawatu-Wanganui Region, North Island
• Tongariro Expeditions, Tongariro National Park New Zealand
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for participants with back problems, heart complaints or other serious medical conditions, or pregnant women
- Weather conditions can change, please dress appropriately
- Infants must sit on laps
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a strong physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 300 travelers
- Map and information sheet
- Hotel pickup and drop-off (selected hotels only)
- GST (Goods and Services Tax)
- Hire Gear
Returns to original departure point
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the Tongariro Expeditions in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.
The Fine Print
7-day cancellation rights do not apply; no refunds or exchanges permitted. Voucher valid only for date and time listed; may not be exchanged or redeemed for other dates. Purchaser name and phone number must be provided at checkout; this information will be shared with Viator and the tour operator for purposes of order fulfillment. Groupon promo codes may not be used for this offer. Groupon voucher Terms of Sale do not apply. See the tour operators terms and conditions for this offer here. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised Goods and services.