Rated by the Lonely Planet as 1 of 10 unmissable Aquatic New Zealand adventures in 2015 (The only rafting trip in the list). This half-day Tongariro River journey is truly a fantastic rafting adventure. The rapids are Grade Three, which makes this an ideal adventure for expert and first-time rafters alike. In 2.5 hours you navigate over 60 roller coaster rapids with an expert guide at the helm. A large part the top section of this trip can only be accessed by raft or kayak so you'll see plenty of spectacular unspoiled wilderness.
What You'll Get
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Tongariro River Rafting, 95 Atirau Road, Turangi 3334, New Zealand
Arrive here 15 minutes before your trip time and be welcomed by our friendly team of guides. Sit back and relax with a cup of tea or coffee while you wait for the trip to begin.
Once everyone has arrived, your guide will talk you through all the gear that we will provide you for the river (you only need to bring your swimwear and a towel). Then you'll get changed in the changing rooms and head out in the bus to the river for a few hours of rafting!
At the top of the river your guide will talk you through safety on the river and show you how to use the paddle before heading out onto the beautiful Tongariro River.
Unforgettable adventures await as you navigate 60 rapids in a 13km stretch – more rapids in one stretch than anywhere in New Zealand, how cool is that?
The Tongariro River’s grade 3 rapids are perfect for first-time rafters: thrills and spills galore without any extreme drops requiring experience.
Soaked to the skin and grinning from ear to ear, return to our base for a hot drink and a snack. In winter we’ll stop by the local hot pools to get you extra toasty.
Duration: 4 hours
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- All customers will be supplied with a wetsuit that must be worn when rafting
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 20 travelers
- GST (Goods and Services Tax)
- Professional guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off (only for 12.00pm and 2.00pm trips if option selected)
- Rafting and safety equipment
- Wetsuit, boots, fleece jacket, spray jacket, helmet and gloves when required.
- Coffee and/or Tea
- Entry/Admission - Tongariro River Rafting
- Souvenir photos (available to purchase)
Returns to original departure point
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the Tongariro River Rafting in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.
The Fine Print
7-day cancellation rights do not apply; no refunds or exchanges permitted. Voucher valid only for date and time listed; may not be exchanged or redeemed for other dates. Purchaser name and phone number must be provided at checkout; this information will be shared with Viator and the tour operator for purposes of order fulfillment. Groupon promo codes may not be used for this offer. Groupon voucher Terms of Sale do not apply. See the tour operators terms and conditions for this offer here. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised Goods and services.