Aoraki/Mount Cook ‘the cloud piercer’, our highest peak dominates the Southern Alps mountain range that divides New Zealand’s South Island into east and west. The Mt Cook National Park’s towering mountains, vast glaciers and remote snowfields inspired Sir Edmund Hillary, before his quest of Mt Everest.
This flight takes you past the Hochstetter Icefall on Aoraki/Mt Cook and the upper Tasman Glacier before a thrilling alpine landing in the snow. You’ll fly home through the remote Burnett Mountains with the expansive and arid Mackenzie Basin below you.
What You'll Get
With its ability to hover, land and provide access to some of New Zealand's most remote areas, a helicopter is the ideal choice for sightseeing that will take you up close to towering peaks, crevasse filled glaciers and sparkling waterways. Learn about the stunning landscape as your professional pilot delivers an informative commentary en route.
The fleet of modern Airbus helicopters specifically configured for flying in New Zealand's outstanding National Parks, glaciers, lakes, mountains and valleys. The Helicopter Line has the highest levels of Civil Aviation Authority certification for scenic helicopter operations, this involves regular monitoring and audit of all aspects of the operations.
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- It is recommended that warm clothing and suitable footwear be worn on this tour due to cold temperatures.
- Please advise preferred flight time at time of booking
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- Scenic helicopter flight with snow landing (5 - 10 minutes)
- Pilot guide
- Items of a personal nature
The Helicopter Line Base at Glentanner Park
Flights are operated from 8:00am - 5:00pm (October to March) and 8:30am - 5:00pm (April to September).
Returns to original departure point
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the Totally Tourism - The Helicopter Line in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.
The Fine Print
7-day cancellation rights do not apply; no refunds or exchanges permitted. Voucher valid only for date and time listed; may not be exchanged or redeemed for other dates. Purchaser name and phone number must be provided at checkout; this information will be shared with Viator and the tour operator for purposes of order fulfillment. Groupon promo codes may not be used for this offer. Groupon voucher Terms of Sale do not apply. See the tour operators terms and conditions for this offer here. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised Goods and services.