Soar over the majestic Southern Alps on a 50-minute breathtaking helicopter flight from Queenstown.Discover the mystery of Lake Wakatipu’s northern shores, before experiencing a snow landing on the distinctive Jura Glacier. Stand in snow surrounded by high mountain peaks and bush covered valleys as you admire unparalleled views of Mount Aspiring and the mighty Rees and Dart River valleys.
What You'll Get
With its ability to hover, land and provide access to some of New Zealand's most remote areas, a helicopter is the ideal choice for sightseeing that will take you up close to towering peaks, crevasse filled glaciers and sparkling waterways. Learn about the stunning landscape as your professional pilot delivers an informative commentary en route.
The fleet of modern Airbus helicopters specifically configured for flying in New Zealand's outstanding National Parks, glaciers, lakes, mountains and valleys. The Helicopter Line has the highest levels of Civil Aviation Authority certification for scenic helicopter operations, this involves regular monitoring and audit of all aspects of the operations.
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- This tour must be booked at least 48 hours in advance of travel.
- Confirmation for this product will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability.
- It is recommended that warm clothing and suitable footwear be worn on this tour due to cold temperatures. Moderate fitness is required.
- The fleet consists predominately of European AS355 Twin Engine Squirrels (seats 06 passengers plus pilot). They are ideal aircraft for scenic flights, with an open plan cabin making for excellent views for all passengers. The Helicopter Line has the highest levels of Civil Aviation Authority certification for scenic helicopter operations, this involves regular monitoring and audit of all aspects of the operations.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- Hotel pick up and drop off from centrally located Queenstown hotels
- Scenic helicopter flight with snow landing (5-10 minutes)
- Informative commentary during the flight
- Professionally trained pilots have specific experience flying in New Zealand's alpine environment
- New Zealand's Goods and Services Tax (GST)
- Food and drinks
The Helicopter Line helibase, Lucas Place Queenstown Airport
Departures are on demand, therefore you must call 24-48 hours prior to travel to reconfirm exact flight time. All contact details advised upon confirmation. Flights are operated from 8:00am - 5:00pm, all year round.
Flight concludes at original point of departure.
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the Totally Tourism - The Helicopter Line in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.
The Fine Print
7-day cancellation rights do not apply; no refunds or exchanges permitted. Voucher valid only for date and time listed; may not be exchanged or redeemed for other dates. Purchaser name and phone number must be provided at checkout; this information will be shared with Viator and the tour operator for purposes of order fulfillment. Groupon promo codes may not be used for this offer. Groupon voucher Terms of Sale do not apply. See the tour operators terms and conditions for this offer here. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised Goods and services.