Uncover the treasures of the Matakana region, Auckland’s boutique wine-growing region. It’s a scenic 45 minutes north of Auckland CBD to experience the farmers’ markets, vineyards, cheese, honey and so much more. With beautiful countryside dipping down to the ocean, stunning beaches, local fishing villages and quirky shops there is something for everyone here. We will visit a minimum of two wineries, more if time allows. Purchase our Gold Tour to also include Auckland’s latest must do-attraction, Sculptureum. Take a walk through the amazing indoor and outdoor sculpture galleries - this is where art meets fantasyland! Morning coffee and fresh fish lunch (alternate options available) are included in your tour. On our return journey, optional stop-offs can include a craft alehouse, cheese-makers, and viewing an 800-year-old Kauri tree, or maybe try an artisan chocolate tasting to finish the day in style before we head back to the city for a 5pm finish.
What You'll Get
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Tour Shop, Auckland Central, Auckland 1010 New Zealand
We head north over the Harbour Bridge and wind our way up the scenic coastline of the East Coast to our first stop at the Honey Centre where you will enjoy a fresh cup of coffee (or tea/juice) and sample manuka and other varieties of our local honey. We then make our way to Matakana village and the first of our wine sampling stops.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Ascension Wine Estate Matakana Auckland, 480 Matakana Road, Matakana, Auckland 0985 New Zealand
Ascension handcrafts critically-acclaimed wine from both rare and well-known varieties and is home to multi-award wines. Relax alfresco with views of vineyards, rolling farmland and the fountain courtyard which is planted with heirloom herbs and vegetables for Ascension's kitchen. No visit to Matakana is complete without a stop in at Ascension Winery.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Sculptureum, 40 Omaha Flats Road, Matakana, Auckland 0986 New Zealand
The Sculptureum Experience is edgy, fun and simply quite fabulous. Made up of three sculpture gardens and six art galleries spanning over 1.5km of flat paths, take an easy stroll through this inspirational space consisting over 700 artists works, bird aviary and rabbits. Visit the award-winning restaurant, and sample from their top-rated extensive wine list.
Admission to Sculptureum only included for all Gold Tours
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Matakana Village, 2 Matakana Valley Road, Matakana, Auckland 0986 New Zealand
On Saturdays, we visit the local farmers market, held weekly in the heart of the village centre. This is the place to experience fresh produce, dozens of food stalls, live entertainment, and to meet the interesting locals.
Duration: 1 hour
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Minimum age is 18 years on Silver & Gold Tours
- At time of booking, Cruise ship passengers must provide the following information at time of booking: ship name, docking time, disembarkation time and re-boarding time
- Dress code is smart casual
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 11 travelers
- Freshly roasted mid morning coffee (or tea/juice)
- Iconic NZ Fish & Chips for lunch (other similiar options available)
- Wine tasting for Silver & Gold Tours
- Entrance Fee to Sculptureum for Gold Tour
- Bottled water
- Honey Tastings
- Entry/Admission - Ascension Wine Estate Matakana Auckland
- Entry/Admission - Sculptureum
- Entry/Admission - Matakana Village
- Entrance fees to Sculptureum for Bronze & Silver Tour
- Wine Tasting for Bronze Tour
- Any food/drink sampling not specified at stop-offs
Traveler pickup is offered
We pick up from most Auckland CBD hotels and accommodations. We will arrange with you directly via email after confirmation.
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the Tour Shop 2019 Limited in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.
The Fine Print
7-day cancellation rights do not apply; no refunds or exchanges permitted. Voucher valid only for date and time listed; may not be exchanged or redeemed for other dates. Purchaser name and phone number must be provided at checkout; this information will be shared with Viator and the tour operator for purposes of order fulfillment. Groupon promo codes may not be used for this offer. Groupon voucher Terms of Sale do not apply. See the tour operators terms and conditions for this offer here. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised Goods and services.