Take in the best of Dunedin City on this 3-hour, small-group tour. Ride in the comfy, safe van to the highest vantage points, around heritage buildings, and walk on the sandy beaches of Dunedin. You'll visit the University of Otago, the Dunedin Railway Station, the world's steepest street, and a lot more. Take great photos from the best spots and learn as the expert commentary from your local guide gives you a real feel for the past and present of New Zealand's first city. Enjoy free pickup and drop-off from your cruise port, your hotel, or in town for either the morning (9am) or afternoon (1pm) tour. Group size is limited to 13 people.
What You'll Get
The guided tour begins with a complimentary pick-up from your cruise port, your hotel, or the Octagon in an air-conditioned minivan. When departing the port, you head directly to the first lookout to catch a view of your cruise boat from above. Take some great pictures here before driving to Dunedin to see, or scale, the world's steepest street.
You'll then get a great idea of the lay of the land with a stop at the panoramic lookout at Signal Hill. Cruising down to the city center to visit the Victorian and Edwardian architecture of the heritage buildings, you'll take stops at the University of Otago, Dunedin Railway Station, and the Octagon with its cathedrals, cafés, and craft markets. See the cool street art around town before heading to the beach, the harbor, and the stunning Otago Peninsula where you can take beautiful pictures of epic vistas. At St. Clair Beach you can walk on the sand and the esplanade, and watch the surfers in the Pacific Ocean.
It is guaranteed that you will be back to port on time for your ship, and are also happy to drop you off in town for a spot of shopping or for wandering around at your leisure.
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Infant seats available
- Wheelchair accessible
- A small amount of walking is involved. You can do as much or as little walking as desired
- Collapsible wheelchairs with removable wheels can be accommodated providing the passenger is accompanied by someone who can assist them board and disembark
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately. A jacket and sun protection is advised
- Stroller accessible
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 12 travelers
- Hotel/port pickup and drop-off
- Live commentary on board
- Local guide
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Craft markets not guaranteed
Returns to original departure point
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the Tourworks NZ Limited in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.
The Fine Print
7-day cancellation rights do not apply; no refunds or exchanges permitted. Voucher valid only for date and time listed; may not be exchanged or redeemed for other dates. Purchaser name and phone number must be provided at checkout; this information will be shared with Viator and the tour operator for purposes of order fulfillment. Groupon promo codes may not be used for this offer. Groupon voucher Terms of Sale do not apply. See the tour operators terms and conditions for this offer here. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised Goods and services.