Experience a morning guided walk to Giants Gate on the world famous Milford Track. From Milford Sound the track is accessed by water taxi and follows the mighty Arthur River through lush, temperate rainforest to Giants Gate, a most photographed and spectacular waterfall. This walk is suitable for all skill levels but you will require some fitness to cover the 11 km.
What You'll Get
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Milford Sound, Te Anau, Fiordland National Park 9679 New Zealand
Milford Sound, situated on the west coast of the South Island, is a world-renowned natural wonder with towering peaks, cascading waterfalls and amazing wildlife.
Duration: 5 hours
Stop At: Trips & Tramps, Caswell Road, Te Anau, Fiordland National Park 9640 New Zealand
Explore Milford Sound and Fiordland Great Walks with the locals. Trips & Tramps offer small group trips with knowledgable, friendly guides. With 30 years experience guiding small groups in Fiordland, they are the best way to travel during your visit.
Duration: 10 hours
Stop At: Milford Track, Glade Wharf, Fiordland National Park New Zealand
Experience 'the finest walk in the world' as you retrace the steps of early explorers on the world-renowed Milford Track. Take a journey along valleys carved by glaciers, wander through ancient rainforests and admire cascading waterfalls.
Duration: 10 hours
Stop At: Fiordland National Park (Te Wahipounamu), Fiordland National Park Visitor Centre, Te Anau, Fiordland National Park New Zealand
Fiordland National Park (established in 1952) has spectacular ice-carved fiords, lakes and valleys, rugged granite tops and pristine mountain to sea vistas.
Duration: 10 hours
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Recommended minimum age is 8 years
- The fitter you are the more you will enjoy the trip. We recommend a moderate amount of fitness - distance walked is 11km/6 miles return.
- Track is well maintained however can be uneven and rocky in places, this is not suitable for wheelchairs or those who have difficulty with walking.
- Operates in all weather conditions (including rain) unless the operator deems it to be unsafe. Please carry a good, waterproof rain jacket, drinking water, any medication that you may require and wear practical, sturdy shoes for walking in (heels, slip on shoes, jandals/flip flops/thongs are not suitable). Do not wear jeans as they become cold and heavy when wet. The operator can provide a good rain coat, please contact them in advance to have this arranged.
- The operator may refuse participation if clients are not dressed suitably.
- Have a change of clothes and footwear for after the walk incase it is a wet day.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- Professional guide
- Hot drink + snack
- Return water taxi
- Rain jackets available, please let us know in advance if these are required.
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Meals + water
Milford Sound, Southland 9679, New Zealand
Returns to original departure point
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the Trips & Tramps in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.
The Fine Print
7-day cancellation rights do not apply; no refunds or exchanges permitted. Voucher valid only for date and time listed; may not be exchanged or redeemed for other dates. Purchaser name and phone number must be provided at checkout; this information will be shared with Viator and the tour operator for purposes of order fulfillment. Groupon promo codes may not be used for this offer. Groupon voucher Terms of Sale do not apply. See the tour operators terms and conditions for this offer here. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised Goods and services.