Experience a full-day guided walk on one of New Zealand's premier Great Walks - the Routeburn track, including Key Summit. Tour departs from Te Anau, with a drive along the Milford Road to the track. Ascend through lush forest and into a unique alpine herb field offering panoramic views, this walk offers an incredible day out in the heart of New Zealand’s Southern Alps.
What You'll Get
This spectacular walk ascends through lush, temperate rainforest and onto a unique alpine herb field. On the summit, experience panoramic views of mountains, alpine lakes, and deep, glacial carved bush clad valleys. The Routeburn Track is an inspiring place to be and to enjoy Fiordland's natural beauty. Walking in a small group, your guide provides an excellent opportunity to learn about this stunning natural environment.
Your trip departs from Te Anau and takes around 1.5 hours travelling in a vehicle to Fiordland’s mountain "divide" - between east and west. The walk begins at the Divide Shelter with a steady climb on a well maintained track. Gaining an elevation of 400 meters, the ascent takes approximately 2 hours at a leisurely pace. On a fine day lunch is had on Key Summit, and in unfavorable conditions in the shelter of a nearby tramping hut. After lunch you will descend back to the Divide Shelter before returning to Te Anau. You will spend approximately 4 to 6 hours walking based on your ability but you should be prepared for at least 4 hours walking at a leisurely pace with some hill climbing. This walk is rated 'easy' but some fitness is required for the hill climb.
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Minimum age is 8 years
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- A moderate amount of walking is involved (approx 4 hours) with an ascent and descent. The fitter you are the more you will enjoy the trip. We recommend a moderate degree of fitness - minimum distance walked is 7km/4.6 milres,
- Track is well maintained however can be uneven and rocky in places, this is not suitable for wheelchairs or those who have difficulty walking.
- Operates in most weather conditions unless the operator deems it to be unsafe or potentially totally miserable. Please carry a good, waterproof rain jacket, drinking water any medication you might need and wear practical, sturdy shoes for walking in (heels, slip on shoes, jandals/flip flops/thongs are not suitable). The operator can provide a good rain coat and walking poles, please contact them in advance.
- Professional guide
- Afternoon tea
- Lunch (if option selected)
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off from Te Anau accommodation
- Lunch (unless option selected)
8 hours 30 minutes
Returns to original departure point
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the Trips & Tramps in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.
The Fine Print
7-day cancellation rights do not apply; no refunds or exchanges permitted. Voucher valid only for date and time listed; may not be exchanged or redeemed for other dates. Purchaser name and phone number must be provided at checkout; this information will be shared with Viator and the tour operator for purposes of order fulfillment. Groupon promo codes may not be used for this offer. Groupon voucher Terms of Sale do not apply. See the tour operators terms and conditions for this offer here. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised Goods and services.