If you love food and wine and a little walking and want to familiarize yourself with this area and its people, this is the tour for you! Auckland is a melting pot of different nationalities from all over the globe and the best way to experience this, is through its people and food. Meet our local guide and discover downtown Auckland and its award winning and often hard to find eating establishments. Discover how downtown evolved from the earliest colonists and the buildings & streets they left behind. Taste your way from restaurant to restaurant experiencing their unique flavours showing Auckland’s cultural diversity. A great tour to do on arrival to our beautiful city, as you will become familiar with this historical part of town and what it has to offer.Arrive hungry as you will be sampling a selection of delicious plates expertly paired with delicious NZ wine. Don’t plan anything for dinner as you probably won’t need it….
What You'll Get
Downtown is what Aucklanders call their city center which also happens to be the oldest colonial part of Auckland. This tour introduces you to the many cultures of Auckland through its cuisine, local wine, and colonial history. With our iconic volcano Rangitoto in the harbor at your back, join us for a relaxed pre-dinner walk through this old part of town.
Meeting under the arch of our busy Ferry Building, we continue back towards the sea getting our bearings - where we will be visiting our first restaurant stop, where we'll enjoy two entre dishes paired perfectly with local wine. Continuing past our America's cup winners to our next destination and we'll continue on walking through tiny side streets in the old part of town. We will be visiting restaurnats owned by celebrity chefs and often-times tasting the establishments ‘signature dish’ an/or seasonal speciality. We will be discovering different cultures and how they have become much loved by all the locals. The tasty morsels are made from fresh local produce accompanied by matching pre-dinner drinks (local wine tastings).
You will be introduced to Auckland’s first street, oldest bar and award-winning restaurants and much more. Each stop en route has its own unique character and its own story to tell, through its people, building, food and wine.
• Experience a variety of fresh local award-winning cuisine and wine which showcases not only our multicultural Auckland scene but also our excellent food and wine.
• See the history of our colonial settlers – through historic buildings and streets
• Learn about what’s great in downtown Auckland in a fun, intimate and relaxed way
• Small groups (no larger than 8 people) with an English speaking local guide
• The food will amount to a mid-sized meal
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- Minimum age is 18 years
- A maximum of 8 people per booking
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- No specific dietary requirements are catered for
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- Walking tour with a historical narrative
- Food tasting - this will amount to a mid-sized meal
- Wine tastings and beverages and water
- Local guide
- Local taxes
- Personal expenses
Meet under the large arch at the downtown Ferry Building 99 Quay Street, Auckland 1010 by TANK juice bar.
Guide can leave people at the last venue or accompany them back to the starting point
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the Unique Tours Limited in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.