The jet boat is the mode of transport, the river safari is the attraction. The jet boat will take you safely up the river into remote back country. Touch and learn about the natural history of New Zealand’s remote World Heritage Area. Your tour is operated by a family business, when you go on this tour, you arrive as strangers and leave as friends. There are many stops for commentary on the native birds, animals and forest of the South Westland region. A photographer’s dream, stretch your legs at the top of the river for an optional forest walk into New Zealand’s rain forest. Touch the ferns, listen to birds and spot the fish. Ideal for all ages and physical fitness. For infants to elderly, this is a must do, to explore the UNESCO World Heritage area-Te Wāhipounamu of South Westland, New Zealand.
What You'll Get
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Waiatoto River Safari, 1975 Haast-Jackson Bay Rd Hannahs Clearing, Haast 7844 New Zealand
Discover one of Kiwi’s favourite tours on the West Coast NZ, taking a jet boat up a remote back country river into UNESCO South West New Zealand World Heritage Area. Nature, heritage and scenic tour for all ages.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Westland National Park (Te Wahipounamu), Westland National Park (Te Wahipounamu), West Coast Region, South Island
Experience, feel and see nature as it was 1000's of years ago.
Duration: 2 hours 15 minutes
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Wear sensible clothes and closed-toed footwear
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- Sandflies are present on the West Coast of NZ so protection is insect repellant and covering up. Insect spray is avalaible free of charge
- Check in is 30 minutes prior to departure. The boat does leave on time.
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Infants must sit on laps
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- National park fees
- Live commentary on board
- Local guide
- Warm jacket and boots if required
- Post card souvenirs
- Entry/Admission - Waiatoto River Safari
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
2 hours 15 minutes
2704A Haast-Jackson Bay Rd, Jackson Bay 7886, New Zealand
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the Waiatoto River Safaris in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.
The Fine Print
7-day cancellation rights do not apply; no refunds or exchanges permitted. Voucher valid only for date and time listed; may not be exchanged or redeemed for other dates. Purchaser name and phone number must be provided at checkout; this information will be shared with Viator and the tour operator for purposes of order fulfillment. Groupon promo codes may not be used for this offer. Groupon voucher Terms of Sale do not apply. See the tour operators terms and conditions for this offer here. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised Goods and services.