Mount Maunganui and Tauranga are the central areas for this kayak tour - it uses double kayaks on the calm sheltered waters of Lake McLaren. The tour operates in the evening due to the visibility of the glow worms..
Relax on the edge of Lake McLaren with refreshments, while watching the swans and ducks go about their evening’s preparations. Let your guide lead you onto calm Lake McLaren at dusk. Gently paddle into the night and discover the magic of the enchanting glow-worm canyon.
What You'll Get
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Waimarino Adventure Park, 36 Taniwha Place Bethlehem, Tauranga 3176 New Zealand
this meeting point is also Waimarino Adventure Park Tauranga's longest established tourism attraction where families enjoy the days activities
Duration: 15 minutes
Stop At: McLaren Falls Park, Tauranga New Zealand
Enjoy light refreshments on the Edge of Lake McLaren prior to departing in double kayaks into the sunset. Here you will discover the birdlife settling for the evening and the gentle splashes of fish (trout) breaking the surface for the final evenings meal. You then paddle to the head of the lake and transition from daylight to darkness through dusk. this is when the stars start coming into view and the glow worms begin to pop from the native bush on the cliffs.
Duration: 1 hour
Pass By: McLaren Falls Park, Tauranga New Zealand
NZ's second largest arboretum. A multitude of bird life and amazing trees are seen.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required to commence a tour
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 20 travelers
- Kayak and equipment
- GST (Goods and Services Tax)
- Light refreshments
- Professional guide
- Entry/Admission - McLaren Falls Park
- If Hotel Pickup is required please select the Hotel pick up option.
- An additional cost per person does apply to Hotel pickup/drop off.
- Entry/Admission - Waimarino Adventure Park
3 hours 15 minutes
Returns to original departure point
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the Waimarino Glow Worm Kayaking in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.
The Fine Print
7-day cancellation rights do not apply; no refunds or exchanges permitted. Voucher valid only for date and time listed; may not be exchanged or redeemed for other dates. Purchaser name and phone number must be provided at checkout; this information will be shared with Viator and the tour operator for purposes of order fulfillment. Groupon promo codes may not be used for this offer. Groupon voucher Terms of Sale do not apply. See the tour operators terms and conditions for this offer here. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised Goods and services.