Multi-pitch climbing in Aoraki/Mt Cook National Park.
Come and spend a fun and informative two days with our climbing guide at Aoraki/Mt Cook. These trips are designed to be unique climbing experiences that also offer guests to learn a lot about New Zealand and the Local history and culture.
Our Mt cook trips are 2 day climbing excursions with a night spent at the NZAC Unwin lodge in Mt Cook Village.
Mt Cook Village is a small alpine village at the base of the southern alps. This village is a starting point for all classic New Zealand mountaineering adventures. We climb on the Sebastopol Bluffs, situated above the village.
What You'll Get
Itinerary for the Sebastopol Rock Trip:
• Day One:
· Guests meet their guide at the Wanaka Rock Climbing office.
· Drive to the Mt Cook Village.
· Learn the multi-pitch system and climb the "Red Arete".
· Optional Evening hike up the Hooker Valley.
2. Day Two:
· Climb "Shark Attack".
· Optional climbing at the twin cracks crag.
· Drive back to Wanaka
What is included in the price.
· All rock climbing equipment
· All food (Vegetarian, Gluten free and Vegan options available)
· Accommodation cost at NZAC Homer Hut
· Any additional equipment needed
A great introduction to multi-pitch climbing, this route climbs 4 pitches of easy but enjoyable slab climbing on the very edge of the "Bluffs". Great views of Mt Sefton, the Footstool, Mt Wakefield and the Tasman Glacier.
4 pitches Grade 13.
This route is the second longest at Sebastopol Bluffs. Technical slab and face climbing on hard, red graywacke. Astounding mountain views and that classic multi-pitch "Are we are really UP here?" feeling make this route a must do!
6 pitches Grade 16
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 3 travelers
- Overnight accommodation
- National Park fees
- Professional guide
- Use of Climbing equipment
- Round-trip private transfer
- Coffee and/or Tea
- Alcoholic Beverages
Wanaka Rock Climbing Office:
99 Ardmore St
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the Wanaka Rock Climbing in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.
The Fine Print
7-day cancellation rights do not apply; no refunds or exchanges permitted. Voucher valid only for date and time listed; may not be exchanged or redeemed for other dates. Purchaser name and phone number must be provided at checkout; this information will be shared with Viator and the tour operator for purposes of order fulfillment. Groupon promo codes may not be used for this offer. Groupon voucher Terms of Sale do not apply. See the tour operators terms and conditions for this offer here. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised Goods and services.