Enter the world of Weta Workshop with There and Back Again: The Full Experience, a guided round trip by Weta Workshop! You’ll enjoy return transfers from Wellington i-SITE to Weta Weta Workshop, where you’ll explore our Weta Cave Workshop Tour and our Miniatures Stage Tour: Thunderbirds Are Go.Your driver will highlight iconic film sites during your journey and you’ll get priority seating to our exclusive documentary. A Weta Workshop crew member will then show you incredible props and costumes from films like The Hobbit and The Chronicles of Narnia, followed by a journey through the amazing miniatures of Thunderbirds Are Go!
What You'll Get
Journey from central Wellington to Weta Studio Tours in a dedicated shuttle, then take a seat in the Weta Cave to learn about the history of the Weta's creativity. A Weta Workshop crew member will then guide you on a tour through a converted area of the Workshop.
From your favourite films to larger-than-life exhibitions: during our Weta Cave Workshop Tour learn about the practical effects created for The Lord of the Rings, The Chronicles of Narnia, the record-breaking Gallipoli: The scale of our war and more! Wander through Manufacture Alley, interacting with the tools and technology of our creative departments. Hear our tales of filmmaking, see artists at work on our tour stage, and learn secrets of movie magic!
Continue your journey with the Miniatures Stage Tour, where you'll visit the authentic Thunderbirds Are Go shooting stage and discover the Weta Workshop models built for the popular TV series. Your talented guide will reveal initial concepts and storyboards, then take you through the unbelievable miniatures built for the show. Includes a rare photo opportunity with the Tracy brothers!
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Photography is strictly prohibited in all tour spaces, unless specified by the tour guide
- There is no luggage storage in the Weta Cave or at our tour spaces
- This tour takes place in a functioning workshop, so it can get a little drafty. We recommend bringing an extra warm layer or two
- Collapsible wheelchairs with removable wheels can be accommodated providing the passenger is accompanied by someone who can assist them on board and disembark
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 20 travelers
- Guided return transfers from i-SITE - live commentary on board
- Priority seating to documentary
- Professional guided Weta Cave Workshop Tour
- Professional guided tour through the Thunderbirds Are Go shooting stage
- Does not include hotel pickup and drop-off
- Food and drinks
Outside Wellington i-SITE
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the Weta Workshop in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.
The Fine Print
7-day cancellation rights do not apply; no refunds or exchanges permitted. Voucher valid only for date and time listed; may not be exchanged or redeemed for other dates. Purchaser name and phone number must be provided at checkout; this information will be shared with Viator and the tour operator for purposes of order fulfillment. Groupon promo codes may not be used for this offer. Groupon voucher Terms of Sale do not apply. See the tour operators terms and conditions for this offer here. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised Goods and services.