Enjoy the incredible creativity on offer at Weta Workshop's Full Experience – our two most popular tours with return transfers included!
Guided from start to finish, you’ll get an incredible insight into Weta Workshop’s creativity for film & television.
Enter the world of Weta Workshop's Full Experience, a guided round trip by Weta Workshop Tours! You’ll enjoy return transfers from Wellington i-SITE to the Weta Cave, where you’ll explore our Weta Cave Workshop Tour and our Miniature Effects Tour: Thunderbirds Are Go.
Your driver will highlight iconic film sites during your journey and you’ll get priority seating to our exclusive documentary. A Weta Workshop crew member will then show you incredible props and costumes from films like The Hobbit and The Chronicles of Narnia, followed by a journey through the amazing miniatures of Thunderbirds Are Go!
What You'll Get
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Weta Workshop, Corner of Camperdown Rd & Weka St Miramar, Wellington 6022 New Zealand
Be dropped by your cruise shuttle to Brandon Street, then take a short stroll (allow 15 minutes) to Wellington iSITE, located at 111 Wakefield Street. From here, you'll be collected by our dedicated shuttle driver and taken to Weta Studio Tours. Arrive at the Weta Cave, snap photos with our sculptures, then take a seat for our documentary to learn about the history of the Weta's creativity. A Weta Workshop crew member will then guide you on a tour through a converted area of the Workshop.
From your favourite films to larger-than-life exhibitions: during our Weta Cave Workshop Tour learn about the practical effects created for The Lord of the Rings, The Chronicles of Narnia, the record-breaking Gallipoli: The scale of our war and more! Wander through Manufacture Alley, interacting with the tools and technology of our creative departments. Hear our tales of filmmaking, see artists at work on our tour stage, and learn secrets of movie magic!
Continue your journey with the Miniatures Stage Tour, where you'll visit the authentic Thunderbirds Are Go shooting stage and discover the Weta Workshop models built for the popular TV series. Your talented guide will reveal initial concepts and storyboards, then take you through the unbelievable miniatures built for the show. Includes a rare photo opportunity with the Tracy brothers!
Your experience concludes with a drive back to central Wellington. You'll be dropped back to Wellington iSITE, brimming with the secrets of movie magic. We always run to schedule, so rest assured that you arrive in time for your cruise departure.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Photography is strictly prohibited in all tour spaces, unless specified by the tour guide
- There is no luggage storage in the Weta Cave or at our tour spaces
- This tour takes place in a functioning workshop, so it can get a little drafty. We recommend bringing an extra warm layer or two
- Collapsible wheelchairs with removable wheels can be accommodated providing the passenger is accompanied by someone who can assist them on board and disembark
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 20 travelers
- Guided return transfers from Wellington i-SITE - live commentary on board
- Priority seating to documentary on the history of Weta Workshop’s creativity.
- Admission ticket for the Weta Cave Workshop Tour
- Professional guided tour through the Thunderbirds Are Go shooting stage
- Entry/Admission - Weta Workshop
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Food and drinks
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the Weta Workshop in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.