In the stunning town of Kaikoura, where mountains meet ocean, experience the magnificent wildlife and scenery from the comfort of a helicopter and see the magnificent sperm whales from top to tail! Your 45 minute tour lets you experience the year round sperm whale population, with more time to enjoy the abundant marine life and a chance to see breathtaking views of the Pacific Ocean, the Kaikoura Peninsula, and the Seaward Kaikoura Mountain Ranges.
What You'll Get
Our office is located right in the centre of Kaikoura town from here enjoy complimentary transport to the helipads to receive a short safety briefing from our pilots, as well as information about the Kaikoura Whale Sanctuary and the wildlife you can expect to see on the tour.
After the briefing you're ready to head out and explore what Kaikoura has to offer! View sperm whales and resident pods of dusky dolphins and New Zealand fur seals. Kaikoura is located on the the migratory routes for humpback whales, southern right whales, killer whales, and even blue whales depending on the time of year. You'll experience stunning vistas of the Seaward Kaikoura Mountain Ranges, as well as the Kaikoura Peninsula, and the vastness of the Pacific Ocean.
After a successful whale sighting fly along the coastline spotting wildlife including the resident populations of dusky dolphins as well as New Zealand fur seals
Your experience ends back at the helipad where complimentary transportation is waiting for you back to your hotel or into town.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 2 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- Wheelchair accessible
- Infants must sit on laps
- All flights are subject to weather conditions and minimum numbers. Please see our website for full terms and conditions
- It is recommended to bring some warm clothing, comfortable footwear, sunglasses and camera
- Our helicopter has a maximum of 4 passenger seats, if more people booking then they will be split between helicopters
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 4 travelers
- Scenic helicopter flight to view whales and other wildlife
- Headsets to hear the pilot clearly during your flight
- Live commentary from our pilots
- Round-trip transfer to and from town. Contact our reservations team to organise
- Food and drinks, unless specified
Returns to original departure point
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the Whale Watching with South Pacific Helicopters in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.
The Fine Print
7-day cancellation rights do not apply; no refunds or exchanges permitted. Voucher valid only for date and time listed; may not be exchanged or redeemed for other dates. Purchaser name and phone number must be provided at checkout; this information will be shared with Viator and the tour operator for purposes of order fulfillment. Groupon promo codes may not be used for this offer. Groupon voucher Terms of Sale do not apply. See the tour operators terms and conditions for this offer here. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised Goods and services.